Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Salary sport Holgate on 64 grand a week and Davies on 30 grand
Yeah, the estimate sites are all over the place and certainly if those two are on massive money then seek to get rid.

The main point holds that whichever site you go by we have an enormous amount in wages either already come off (James, Walcott, Bernard, Digne etc), going (Gylfi, Tosun, Delph) or very likely to find new clubs in the summer (Richy, Mina etc).

Obviously the likelihood is we will still retain a few totally overpaid players we can’t shift but at the same time good progress has been made trimming the wage bloat over the last two years.

Everyone is massively banking on Leeds bottling it.

Yet this is the same Leeds side who are unbeaten in 4. Why are they suddenly going to so start flapping it?

We need 4 wins simple as. Watford, Palace, Brentford and I guess one of Leicester/Chelsea
The only ones bottling it, is us... These players are capable of better..

Everyone is massively banking on Leeds bottling it.

Yet this is the same Leeds side who are unbeaten in 4. Why are they suddenly going to so start flapping it?

We need 4 wins simple as. Watford, Palace, Brentford and I guess one of Leicester/Chelsea
I think 9 points does it. But that still requires winning 3 in 6 which we’ve not done since the very start of the season. The trouble is real.

I think there are lots of midtable teams who would be happy to pay at least 15-20m for him based on this season. And I don't think we will be in a position to turn down that sort of cash. I could see Southampton. Leicester, Wolves, Palace, Brighton, Villa, Leeds etc all being very interested. And £20m isn't a stretch these days either, all those clubs potentially pay it.

You'd have Rooney levels of fume for that figure.

We're into the realms of "if this happens then this happens and then this, we have a chance".

But....

....if Leeds lose tonight and more likely again on Sunday against City, it hands us enormous incentive to beat Chelsea and get to within 1 point of Leeds with a game in hand.

All we can do is win our games and see where we lie. But Leeds defo have a very difficult run in on paper. If we can just be breathing down their necks by this time next week it will be very much game on.

Well, the point is that it isnt £500mil into thin air.

Its somewhere between £250-300mil that weve spent on an ageing small squad since Moshiri came in.

The current squad has a value, probably around £300mil.
If I overpay for a house, and spend £400k on it when its worth £250k; I've still bought the house. Its my fault I bought poorly.

Everton Football Club has spent £500m on players since Moshiri came in; that's what we've given other clubs. Nobody is disputing the fact its been poorly spent, but that's what we've spent. That amount of money is enough to have a team easily challenging for the top 4. There's no Net Spend bollocks or yearly averages, that amount should have been enough.

The fact that that massive tit who owns us had no plan or idea how to implement that spend is the reason we are in this mess. He thought, bring in a bring in a big name, give them cash and we'll be successful.

You'd have Rooney levels of fume for that figure.

Maybe

But I just don't think it's realistic that we will be turning down fees of 20m pounds if we get relegated with a wage budget about 3 times too big for the championship and squad players earning 6 figures a week. Money has to be found from somewhere to get the club back into a stable position, and unfortunately it's easier to sell players who are wanted than players who are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back