Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed to do that from the moment Lampard came in.

He didn't learn his lessons here fast enough.

As soon as he saw that collapse against Newcastle up there he needed to get that lot into snide mode and deny teams space and play counter attacking football.

That would have had us another 6/7 points better off.
Really that Burnley game should've been the one to shut it down at 2-2...take the point and stiffle their momentum.

If we played from now on with the same intensity and snide as we did in the first half yesterday would we have a better chance of avoiding the drop?
Possibly, but we still need to score some goals. We’ve barely looked like scoring for ages. 2 deflections, a scuffed shot and 2 penalties for our last goals iirc.

I honestly don’t think there’s been a lack of desire either. Think Leicester caught us cold after our 10 day break, but overall the quality hasn’t been good enough.

Simply put.

We can't afford to lose a single game. We can't afford to not win one of the next 2.

The minute we lose again, out chances of staying up shorten.

So need points no matter which way they come.

How legit is this image?
1650899541479.webp

Its very surreal is it. I knew this day would come while we where floating above the relegation places. We have been rock bottom on the last 27 games played not relegation form. Rock bottom.

But its still surreal. I knew in my mind it would happen my heart is only starting to understand the reality though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back