Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Frank came in we needed that new manager bounce OR a settled way of playing.

Never got that bounce and he flipped flopped every game on tactics and cost us points, as I have said losing that game at Burnley was far too damaging now they are disappearing.

Howe went in, picked 4-3-3 and although it didnt click immediately they massively benefitted from having a settled system. What did Frank do? A different formation for every game, no consistency, no idea and now we are relegated.

FYI, Leeds last 6 games 11 points, Burnley last 6 games 10 points, Everton last 6 7 points. IN FACT the last 11 games since Frank has been in charge he has only managed 10 points. So why do some think we are suddenly getting 12 points +. Get a grip on reality lads, we are done, we are the next Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Wigan. We arent coming back any time soon.......
The only bounce you would get from this lot is if they dropped down dead.

See all these permatations but just dont see how we actually improve enough, or fight hard enough, to get enough points to survive.

It’s in our hands, win we stay up, lose we go down. It’s not likely but at least our useless bunch have it clearly laid out before them.

I have said relegation will destroy the club, I don’t think it will, I mean a look at Leeds, Aston Villa, & Newcastle shows it won’t.
It won't destroy Everton and you aint down yet, although today was not a good day (nor for me I lost a fiver to an RS "mate")

The issue Everton do obviously have is the finances and what kind of team you will actually have if you find yourselves in the Championship. Newcastle were kinda "fortunate" that Ashley had short arms and deep pockets! On both occasions we went down under his watch were able to at least keep a squad that was too strong for the Championship. Our wage bill was huge for the division but it wasn't actually unmanageable for us as a club as we had under invested for years and most of our squad weren't on top wages by PL standards. Hearing that Everton have numerous players on +100k p/w I guess that same won't be true for you, so then it becomes a rebuilding exercise which takes time and I aint sure FL is the man for that job.

Basically Evertons circumstances are very different to Newcastles and to an extent Villa's. Leeds is a better approximation and look how long it took them.

But as I said, you aint down yet. You can stay up but your lads really need to get their act together - starting tomorrow.

We're gone I'm afraid but I made my peace with it a while ago.

I won't miss the corruption of the Premier League. I just hope our club doesn't plummet through the divisions as some have done before us.

I can't even be angry any more. To be angry you need some sort of emotional attachment, and mine with Everton has been drained over the last few seasons.

It's just sadness I feel more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.