Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going down gives us an opportunity to “trim the herd”, bring some of the younger players through and give them a chance.

They won’t be bottlers like this lot. I’d rather give Dobbin and Price a go at that level than rely on Doucoure or Gray.
What exactly is stopping Everton from selling players I they stay up? If anything, avoiding relegation only strengthens your bargaining position and you don't lose any players you actually want to keep

I'm as pessimistic as the next man, but I think we can get points in all six of our remaining games, and I'd be reasonably confident we will do so in four.

I think a win tomorrow is not out of the question. Even a draw is a point closer to Leeds. I can see us getting something at Leicester - especially as they go to Rome a few days later. Then we have to play Watford, a side who have lost their last 11 at home. If we cannot win there, why would we even bother lamenting relegation? We will have richly merited it. But a win there is possible. With five points from these games, we have then two home games with Brentford and Palace. Another four points there would take us to 9, and then we are off to Arsenal. I don't think 9 points from the next 5 is far-fetched. Difficult, yes. Impossible? No.
Beat Chelsea and we have a slim chance. Lose and I think it's curtains.

We are capable of beating all teams in the PL, just need that favourable bounce of the ball so to speak.

And maybe not to get shafted by VAR

If Leeds lose this and their next 2 (Arsenal away and Chelsea home) then they're on 36 games played and 34 points.

That we can realistically compete with IMO.

Agreed . 40 points will see us safe imo.
Brentford, palace, Watford, Leicester to play where we can realistically get points from with Chelsea and Arsenal the write offs . A win against Chelsea ( unlikely) would be massive and set us up well. I just don’t see us winning away from home which will be the reason we will go down. Not won since Brighton away back in November? That’s truely shocking

While we still have a reasonable chance of getting out of this mess im not sure why theres so many

"I knew we were down in X month"

"Were doomed"

Posts...we arent down yet.

By end of play May 11th we'll know if we have 5+ pts gained and thats the time people should really panic.

Weve got 11 days.

Oh deffo especially looking at Leeds' run of games coming up, the problem is having the confidence in the bunch of highly paid cowards playing for us being able to turn it around.

You look like you're still a young man Matty, you will see good things happen for us somewhere along the line in your lifetime so don't let this club of ours get you down mate.

i’m 41 everton have aged me. im
of my own weird beliefs mate that IF we go down, we won’t come back or il be dead when/if we do,

agains it’s only my beliefs. all i want in my
life is everton to stay up.

they’res thousands of us all
nervous and all wanting to do it, young, old new, ill, unwell etc lets do it for all our amazing supporters

please for the love of god

I just think back to all the games where we went behind and didn’t even try to get back into it, just coasted to a defeat. Brentford away, Villa at home, Wolves at home, Palace away. Make no mistake these players of ours are absolute cheats and frauds and not a single one of them should be remembered fondly by the fanbase in years to come. Every one of them should be absolutely skinned alive if they ever come back to Goodison with another club.

Think back to when we had clear cut chances to kill off teams , then failed to convert , then compounded the miss with individual defensive errors to lose points.

Leeds away
Burnley away
Watford home
Leicester home
Saints

I know most teams can look back and do this but Kenny , Keane and Godfrey and holgate have been shocking and should be nowhere near this club.

That burnley game was the killer , win that and we would have been 10 points clear of them.

Kenny running into no man’s land like a sunday league player for the first , Kenny shooting against their player from 30 yards and setting up a counter attack for them resulting in another , and Godfrey missing the ball and letting it hit his standing leg like a sunday league player …. Those three moments , all in one game, in the most important fixture of our season , has costs us our premiership status.

i’m 41 everton have aged me. im
of my own weird beliefs mate that IF we go down, we won’t come back or il be dead when/if we do,

agains it’s only my beliefs. all i want in my
life is everton to stay up.

they’res thousands of us all
nervous and all wanting to do it, young, old new, ill, unwell etc lets do it for all our amazing supporters

please for the love of god
If we go down we’ll come back up within 2-3 years. It’s not the end of the world.

If you ask Fulham fans, Newcastle fans, Watford fans… the Championship can be a lot of fun. It’s still football. Hell, we might even win most of our games and see exciting games. More fun than battling to stay up every year.

Chin up! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back