Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 points from this next week of 3 games would be wonderful. The Leicester game sets the tone, win that and I think we're on for 7 minimum, lose it and we'll be back to being nervous wrecks thinking that we absolutely have to beat Watford to have a chance of staying up.

It is not a disaster if we draw that game but we are not going to get a better chance at back to back wins with Leicester travelling to Rome during the week. Fingers crossed for extra time

What makes you think we'll be "safe" even if we stay up this season mate? We won't be. The people running the club are killing us. Even if we stay up this season we'll back in another relegation dogfight either next season or the season after. At best we'll just continue to drift along doing nothing. If now isn't the time to vent then it never will be. These people are killing the club.

Make no mistake, stay up or go down the fans must 100% turn their focus to Moshiri and Kenwright once the season is over.

The fan base has an obsession with managers. A lot still seem to believe we’re a few months of progressive coaching by Graeme Potter away from challenging for Europe.

The only manager I truly believe to be a complete dunce was Koeman. The rest have all been good enough managers (yes even Allardyce and Benitez) not to have us in a relegation scrap every other season. When we keep finding ourselves there however, there’s always something to blame, it’s the connection with the fan base that’s not there, the players don’t like him, he’s fallen out with Brands, his coaching is prehistoric etc.

6 managers in however many seasons all experiencing the same problems should be an absolute sure indicator that it’s not the manager.

Terrible player conditioning, injury prevention, and injury recovery

Awful recruitment, both selling buying and contract length leading to FFP issues

Terrible club structure and culture, ‘expected losses’, ‘you’ve had good times’, who actually makes decisions at Everton?

Trigger happy ownership changing the manager every time an angry fan demands it

A truly awful squad of players who are completely apathetic and cowardly (where was all this heroic effort at the end of Benitez/ start of Lampard?)

These are the bigger problems at the club, but large elements of the fan base have an obsession with manager and can’t get past it.
The fans don't like losing
The players don't win
The manager picks the players and coaches them.
(The manager sometimes 'buy' players
The DoF 'buys' players
Sadly, allegedly Moshiri & Kenwright had a hand in bringing in players.)
Moshiri is, in the end, in charge of all this.*

*Did Kenwright know it would end up this way - probably not, but that's for other threads

Make no mistake, stay up or go down the fans must 100% turn their focus to Moshiri and Kenwright once the season is over.
funny-or-die-craig-robinson.gif

The fan base has an obsession with managers. A lot still seem to believe we’re a few months of progressive coaching by Graeme Potter away from challenging for Europe.

The only manager I truly believe to be a complete dunce was Koeman. The rest have all been good enough managers (yes even Allardyce and Benitez) not to have us in a relegation scrap every other season. When we keep finding ourselves there however, there’s always something to blame, it’s the connection with the fan base that’s not there, the players don’t like him, he’s fallen out with Brands, his coaching is prehistoric etc.

6 managers in however many seasons all experiencing the same problems should be an absolute sure indicator that it’s not the manager.

Terrible player conditioning, injury prevention, and injury recovery

Awful recruitment, both selling buying and contract length leading to FFP issues

Terrible club structure and culture, ‘expected losses’, ‘you’ve had good times’, who actually makes decisions at Everton?

Trigger happy ownership changing the manager every time an angry fan demands it

A truly awful squad of players who are completely apathetic and cowardly (where was all this heroic effort at the end of Benitez/ start of Lampard?)

These are the bigger problems at the club, but large elements of the fan base have an obsession with manager and can’t get past it.
Large elements of EVERY fanbase think like that though. It's not coincidence either, it's very simply that it's easier to both believe in and force change at managerial level than it is at board level. Everybody is fully aware that the problems run deeper than the manager, whoever it is.

Have we? We’ve scored all but one of our pens this season.
I can't stand Siggurdsson but we could have done with him off the bench at least for corners etc. However his alleged action has cost us.
I thought Ancelotti used him sparingly and got more out of him than I thought possible.

we simply have to beat leicester and i will believe
Same here mate. We have been in the relegation zone for a fortnight now and there is only one way out of it and that is if we win and even then we have to hope that Leeds or Burnley don't win. We haven't won away since about last August so it is long overdue and Leicester are beatable if the lads put the same effort in as they have in the recent games.

Got to get out of the relegation zone first and foremost to give us something to work with and it is doable this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.