Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wished for results this weekend in order of priority -

1. Arsenal beat Leeds
2. Villa beat Burnley
3. Everton avoid defeat at Leicester (3 points would be a bonus)
4. Brentford beat Saints (can see Saints finishing on 40 with a crap GD if this happens)
5. Watford don’t win at Palace (get Watford mathematically relegated before we play them please Palace)

May seem odd me prioritising other teams results over ours, but I’m considering who we’re all playing and what all the remaining fixtures after this weekend are. A point gained on Leeds and Burnley over the weekend would be acceptable.

I think we will win one home game and draw the other home game and draw both aways at Leicester and Watford. Lose to Arsenal will give us 38 points. Leeds will lose to Arsenal and Chelsea. They would then need 5 points to overtake us (due to goal difference) meaning they would have to win their last two games. I don't think they will
Are you factoring in the Chelsea cup final 3 days after the Leeds game. The Chelsea game is the one I am struggling most to predict for Leeds. That will be a night game and their crowd will be well up for it against a Chelsea reserve team. Can definitely see them squeaking out a victory

Are you factoring in the Chelsea cup final 3 days after the Leeds game. The Chelsea game is the one I am struggling most to predict for Leeds. That will be a night game and their crowd will be well up for it against a Chelsea reserve team. Can definitely see them squeaking out a victory

why would it be a chelsea reserve team? you play your best team

Wish I could go to sleep and not wake up till the 23rd May. You just know after last weekend we're due a reality check.

Could do with Villa giving them a good tonking today to knock the wind out of their sails and bring them back down to earth. They had been abysmal all season until they realised they had a chance of relegating Everton, kin helmets.

Come on Villa and Arsenal. ;)

Yes good point you make, however I still think that Chelsea will win

Same here mate. We have been in the relegation zone for a fortnight now and there is only one way out of it and that is if we win and even then we have to hope that Leeds or Burnley don't win. We haven't won away since about last August so it is long overdue and Leicester are beatable if the lads put the same effort in as they have in the recent games.

Got to get out of the relegation zone first and foremost to give us something to work with and it is doable this weekend.

Reactions: Lob

Its a possibility. I suppose the good thing is though they have a decent squad so even a few of those might be good enough. Might even want to impress to get into the frame at wembley.
Praying they turn up.

This squared....wins back to back would be superb. They have to believe they can beat Leicester and bury this away hoodoo once and for all.

Wish I could go to sleep and not wake up till the 23rd May. You just know after last weekend we're due a reality check.
The reality check is we have not won 2 league games in a row since the start of the season - one of those 2 been our last away win at Brighton in August, if a ever a time was right to change that, its now and to get more than 2 wins in a row, Unreal to think we have only got 2 points away since August in 14 games and those came at Man Utd and Chelsea

I think talk of Southampton being sucked in us very unlikely. Hope I am wrong but can’t see it, they probably need a point from their next three and even if they don’t, it will need us, Burnley and Leeds to go on a great run at the same time. Possible but unlikely.

If Brentford beat Southampton today, the Saints will surely be in the battle to stay up.

RS at home and Leicester away, not many points for them there.

Of course it makes no odds if we don't get some wins ourselves.

Flip side .. if saints beat Brentford .. they have two games left, us and Leeds . If we, Leeds and burnley win . They could be 5 points ahead of us and 3 ahead of the other two. Is with a game in hand and with us and Leeds to play .

There are so many scenarios , even villa , have to play city and rs and burnley twice .

Have to think of ourselves , 9 more point guarantees or imo .

Status
Not open for further replies.