Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t get complacent now. The lads still need to fight like we are deep in the brown stuff to make sure we are safe by the time the Arsenal game comes around. Can’t be playing at 50% against Watford. A couple more massive performances needed. I hope we can do it, my poor dripping wet sheets are coming apart at the seams!

Carragher still taking the piss by saying Leeds will now get confidence from that to take on Chelsea.

Id like to be four points clear mate by that fixture, with two home fixtures to come another couple of points does us then with games running out.

Huge opportunity we can’t leave behind, with Burnley playing Spurs and Leeds playing Chelsea, to pull clear.

We’ve worked hard for it.

10 points out of a possible 15 since Burnley has been fantastic tbf - especially considering how they could have easily folded given past experiences. It’s their fault we are in this mess but credit for them rolling up their sleeves when it’s been more or less last chance saloon.

Play like the last two and it will be a comfortable win at Watford even with the defensive injuries. 38 points is safety imo as I don't see Leeds picking up 5 points from their final three.

Today was huge to break the away win hoodoo and after that two home games and we know team is getting extra 10% currently from feeding off the crowd.

Seemed a pipedream just 8 days ago to think safety could be confirmed before final day but it's a very realistic prospect now.
Maybe I’m being over fearful but I’m wary of going to Watford with a patched up side. Pressure will be off the Hornets now. Long way to go yet.
A positive is that Chelsea can’t afford another slip up so will have to be up for it on Wednesday at Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back