Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to breathe yet?

Not yet, not by a long way.

We need to rest, recover (the fans that is not the players) and we'll need to play even better to win on Wednesday against Watford.

We cant take any game for granted and we need the points asap so Wednesday is a great chance to really put us in the driving seat to avoid the drop.

Play like the last two and it will be a comfortable win at Watford even with the defensive injuries. 38 points is safety imo as I don't see Leeds picking up 5 points from their final three.

Today was huge to break the away win hoodoo and after that two home games and we know team is getting extra 10% currently from feeding off the crowd.

Seemed a pipedream just 8 days ago to think safety could be confirmed before final day but it's a very realistic prospect now.
Sure, but that's all "ifs" for now.

I don't see Leeds picking up 5 points either, but many of us couldn't see Everton beating Chelsea or where the next away win was coming from. Things can turn around very quickly in football and the unexpected can happen (as you just said), so to declare it as home and dry is crazy talk right now.

Not safe till we are safe. Football is weird enough.

Not needing snookers so can take care of ourselves now.

We are on the way to safety but must cross that line, and the sooner the better.

All those who had us dead and buried a month ago now. What say ye !
I'm one of them and I say it's not over yet.

We've had an incredible set of results lately and I'm delighted with it but I make no apology to say I thought we were gone after the Burnely defeat (earlier if I'm being honest) and we are not safe by any stretch. Only when that becomes a mathematical certainty will I rest easy.

Maybe I’m being over fearful but I’m wary of going to Watford with a patched up side. Pressure will be off the Hornets now. Long way to go yet.
A positive is that Chelsea can’t afford another slip up so will have to be up for it on Wednesday at Leeds

No pressure on Watford but they are really terrible and given some of Hodgson's interviews recently he's hardly going to give a motivational speech pre match on Wednesday.

Same formula today as imo....get into them first half hour, get a goal and hopefully more comfortable than today's second half!

While it wouldn't be 100% certain, 38 points with two home games left is a dream position to be in considering the state of the table at 5pm last Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back