Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dom and Richy stay fit, and we dont lose both Allan and Doucs for large parts of the season, it will be as much on the players as any manager.
If England and Brazils back up strikers cant score enough to keep us above the likes of Watford and Norwich then we might as well sell them anyway.
The owner and manager have both been completely useless but this squad is as strong as last season, and up til now Pickford has been very good whereas last year Carlo had him benched, its up to the players to get us out of this mess, no matter who the next man in charge is.

If Dom and Richy stay fit, and we dont lose both Allan and Doucs for large parts of the season, it will be as much on the players as any manager.
If England and Brazils back up strikers cant score enough to keep us above the likes of Watford and Norwich then we might as well sell them anyway.
The owner and manager have both been completely useless but this squad is as strong as last season, and up til now Pickford has been very good whereas last year Carlo had him benched, its up to the players to get us out of this mess, no matter who the next man in charge is.
Im sure relegation wont be a problem if we get the midfielders we need. Pereira, Lampard it wont matter. A better central defender and a bigger and stronger keeper should be next on the list!

IMG_20220126_193439.jpg

Weird that Burnley Watford play each other next Saturday, FA cup weekend, its the only Premie League fixture, got to pray that is a draw.

Then, 3 days later Watford play West Ham and Burnley play United, that night we play Newcastle, three massive games in the battle, we have to win and hope those two top 6 sides and beat the bottom 2 for us.

I can’t find 40/1 on any betting site, that is just insane and I would put £200 on it if I could.
Most I can find at the moment is 5 or 6/1. I put mine on a few weeks ago when we were 7/1. Extremely sad but it is the easiest money that I will ever make. The teams around us are beginning to fight and also spend money, we are in complete disarray and that will be our undoing.

The statistical analysis site FiveThirtyEight puts Everton's likelihood of relegation at 16%.

(They have Brentford at just 10% chance of relegation. Way to go, bus stop.)

I can’t find 40/1 on any betting site, that is just insane and I would put £200 on it if I could.
Think it was those odds in early December, wish I’d had some of it, as relegation was already being talked about. Mentally hard to bet against your own team though.

We’re not in the championship and they’re not in Europe yet.

They’re a Mickey Mouse club in a heartless stadium with moyes the dinosaur that no Everton fan wanted.

Football fans are so fickle, now clambering for moyes who was a complete bottle job.
I can't get my head round Everton fans slating Moyes for being a bottle job when he's been our best manager since our last trophy win, 27 years ago, and constantly had us being relevant with finishes between 4th and 7th. And now got West Ham on a similar trajectory.

Our current ambitions are to survive relegation.

Reality check needed regarding Moyes.

Make peace with the fact we are going to get relegated and just enjoy this crazy ride.

Football is meant to be entertaining and once you take your skin out of the game and accept it you can just find this all very amusing.

We’ll still have a team to boo in the championship when we’re there next season.

We’re not in the championship and they’re not in Europe yet.

They’re a Mickey Mouse club in a heartless stadium with moyes the dinosaur that no Everton fan wanted.

Football fans are so fickle, now clambering for moyes who was a complete bottle job.
Yes they are, they're in the Europa League this season having gotten 6th last season, and have made it through the group stages unbeaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.