Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@blue to the bone

This is from another post of mine the other day...

I'm not confident, which is why I've been such a prat to people in the last few weeks about getting above and beyond and looking at next season, because I was very scared of complacency in the fanbase - not because it'd rub off on the team, but because it's Everton and it ALWAYS comes back to bite us. Look at Brentford players taking the p*** of the stupid fireworks the other day (which for a 16:30 KO, makes no sense).

Absolutely this. But we did it Sunday and still we conspired to lose.
And this is the fear. There's been a lot of talk about Goodison and the fans, and, while they have been tremendous, at some point the team and management has actually got to go out be inspired AND game manage on the spur of the moment depending on the circumstances that emerge. Sunday was hugely disappointing in that Andre Gomes was left on the pitch after we went down to 10 and were left needing legs. We lost our heads on the pitch and in the dugout.

We badly need the players to think cooly in very heated circumstances on Thursday. No crazy defensive blunders leading to penalties or red cards. No gung-ho attacking with high lines. We need to be smart. The fans, wonderful as they are, don't make that easy, given the tremendous encouragement they provide, but this is a time for cool heads. Given the way we seem to play better with our backs to the wall, the hope is we can get a goal up and then defend deep to prevent any Zaha raids doing damage.

wait till nxt year when we all miss the prem footy, i swear i will be long gone before everton come back.

Bloody hell mate.

Why? Norwich are terrible and come back to the prem every 2 years, Fulham just bounced straight back up. Plenty do it. Agree some don’t but that doesn’t have to be us (if we go down)

somehow i don’t agree
Well half of our 10 wins this season have come against top six sides. Palace have beating us twice already. Putting 7 passed us. We beat arsenal 2-1 with 10 men. Arsenal are currently bottling top four.

Am I crazy to suggest a result against arsenal is just as likely if not more?

Arsenal will be fighting like caged lions on Sunday to beat us… just on the off chance that Norwich can scrape a shock win against Spurs.

We draw against Palace and realistically we are gone.
Arsenal are done.

Said it earlier they are the useless when under a bit of pressure.

I'd have been more worried going there if they had nothing to play for.

Well half of our 10 wins this season have come against top six sides. Palace have beating us twice already. Putting 7 passed us. We beat arsenal 2-1 with 10 men. Arsenal are currently bottling top four.

We didn't have 10 men against Arsenal

your more crazier than me. we’ve had 1
win in an empty stadium in about 20 years

but yearh we will win they’re lol

Status
Not open for further replies.