Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our passing was appalling for most of the game, but that's nothing new. At least everyone is behind the team with Lampard in charge, and that gives us a fighting chance. If Pereira had been appointed I'd say we'd almost certainly have gone down.

We have a rubbish defence
We have a rubbish midfield
We have only 1 centre forward
We have some new signings who look like square pegs in a round hole
It is going to take a miracle

Frank looks broken in his post match interview.

I think it’s hit him just how hopeless the majority of this shower are.
I disagree. I think he knew Newcastle under the lights was always going to be hard. I felt he was prob right to go with that team with Saturdays performance but I have no doubt that idea is now finished.

We will not see a midfield 2 of allan and gomes from now till end of the season. It's the defense now that will be the worry through lack of options.

Keane, coleman and holgate are shocking and the lack of options in these positions is the worrying part. If he can sort that it will help. They are shocking.

How he sorts the mental side out AND get's around Mina out for the foreseeable I dont know.

As said: this will be the great escape if Lamaprd does it. Not his fault AT ALL.
He needs to draw upon all his experience to get a bunch of indifferent overpaid cowards out of relegation. Luckily he has Aldi Deli and Beak on loan who will die for the shirt and know what it means.

No chance. They looked cluelss, barely finding a blue shirt with passes.
You must have been watching a different game.to me. We were high tempo, high press and looked confident on the ball against a team also in confident mood with new signings. Mina and Gray injuries really hurt us and we lost a ball carrier and wide outlet in Gray, with Alli not really like for like and the shape changing.

We manged 61% possession away from home. Can't remember the last time that happened - granted possession isn't everything, but it is a step in the right direction and an indication our passing wasn't as bad as you are suggesting....

Look to build on the positives.....

We are going to have so many must win games.
Leeds home
Newcastle home
Burnley away
Watford away
Brentford home

We have to win those games and hope we manage to get the odd result elsewhere, palace at home maybe, Leicester at home…

It’s going to be a huge ask to get out of it.

Our run in looks dreadful.

This set of players, and multiple sets over the past two decades, have proven time and time again they don’t do must win games. It’s a mentality thing. Games like the weekend against Brentford are fine when the opposition aren’t on it. We are in the crap now because every game is becoming a must win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back