Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he needs to be clever how he uses his formations, 343 worked on Saturday but once Mina went down we should have switched to a back 4 and packed the midfield
The personnel isn't there though mate. It's ok say change shape, but these players are still headless chickens.

A big reason for the lack of fight, spirit and battle amongst the squad is possibly down to the fact that loads of them know they have no long term future with us, so why should they bust a gut on the field?

Gomes, Allan, Townsend, Holgate, Coleman know they will either be sold in the summer or extremely bit-part players next season.

I'd throw Mina and Richarlison into that, too, as I see them leaving on the summer.

Alli has only joined us so that he can live with his gf in Manchester, and van de Beek isn't our player.

All those players aside, there is nothing of quality on the bench, unless DCL instantly regain his form to keep us in the league.

There is no professional pride in this squad, and it's a large reason as to why I think we're certain to go down.

As long as we get out of it I couldn’t care less. This season was over a long time ago
I don’t really know what you mean? Nobody cares how we stay up as long as we do, I’m just talking about the people who still don’t accept that we are in massive, massive trouble. I think we’re gone to be honest, we left it too late to change and I don’t think we’ve got time to turn it around.

It’ll be scrappy till May but we’ll stay up.

Full on refresh in the Summer with loads of wages getting freed up & binning some of the shabite & hopefully we can all start loving Everton again.

Last time I felt this way was in the 97/98 season when we were clueless.

I'd actually look at that team though and say it had more battlers in it than this one.

I really think we can go down now.

This is a catastrophe 6 years in the making.
Struggling to see how we get out of this mess! Would say pack the midfield as we get over run every game and it would mean playing Andre Gomes and sacrificing attacking players, it’s a right predicament we’re in. VDb with Allan and Gomes in the middle- doesn’t sound good either, but I don’t see an alternative until Doucoure is back

Giving Benitez as long as we did is part of the issue. There were no signs he was turning it around and no signs of good football. He should have been gone in December and because of this we've given any new man a monumental task because of our position and the pressure on a set of players that are obviously mentally weak. The luck we've had with injuries etc have not helped either plus whatever turmoil was going on behind the scenes at the club. Add it all together and here we are.

Lose next week and we have as much chance as anyone of going down but it's not on Lampard and if we do he should be kept on to get us back up. I do believe him and his team plus the quality of player we have should have enough in them to scrape to 40 points but it could be a nervy final 17 games.

That window just gone
It’s the defence that’s the big worry.

A team with richarlison , DCL, Alli, vdb, grey and Gordon should have more than enough to score goals to win us games.

A defence of Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Kenny, mykolenko , branthwaite…that hasn’t got enough quality or battlers in there to keep clean sheets.
The window was wasted. Criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back