Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weve got a decent team but not a decent squad.

Pickford
Patterson
Mina
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Van De Beek
Allan
Doucoure
Gordon
Richarlison
Dele
Gray
DCL

14 players that we really need to get fit and stay fit.

The issue is that almost all of the others are so cowardly and pathetic that they drag the team down to their level.

When people were saying this squad was too good to go down in November I questioned that. And I remember someone saying that this squad was too good to get beaten by Norwich. Then Benitez sold our only good player to Villa.

It was always going to be an almost impossible job to keep this squad in the Premier League. Lampard deserves huge credit for taking this job on.

I’ve accepted our fate now.

Scary stuff..

F061C839-1337-4442-A9F8-41346F5047FC.webp

I keep looking at Brentford home second last weekend of the season and I think that could end up being the whole ball game. Brentford are terrible and have no momentum, and probably two of Burnley/Watford/Norwich are going down and one will have a run to safety. Newcastle aren’t going down so I think that one game could be the decider for the final spot. So depressing to think that way but here we are.

A lot of over the top doom mongering about tonight.
Liverpool according to odds have 78% of beating Leicester this week.
Everton according to odds have 83% of beating the drop.
That is the perspective.

I am worried because of the lack of leaders the defence and the never ending injuries but I look at our forwards and think we should have enough but unless they wake up and we find a shape that works we will be in the mire all season because we have a squad full of gutless cowards.

When people were saying this squad was too good to go down in November I questioned that. And I remember someone saying that this squad was too good to get beaten by Norwich. Then Benitez sold our only good player to Villa.

It was always going to be an almost impossible job to keep this squad in the Premier League. Lampard deserves huge credit for taking this job on.

I’ve accepted our fate now.

How does he deserve credit? He was unemployed. Everton offered him a paycheck.
What a servant to the boys in royal blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back