Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brentford will end up going down. We have two games in hand over them. Teams at the bottom all have to play each other.
Same, I think they will be dragged into it as there in awful form, think they have a run of games next month newcastle,Burnley and Norwich will be interesting to see where they are after that.

Welcome to my life.?.
It's been happening since early november around the start of this thread and more so since december where it continues into the day when I have daymares.

Today was the first day I've woken up with actual fear. Although it may have been exacerbated by fact I had to get up at 6.20 for work and had slept about 4 hours lol

We need to keep calm and focus on getting a result at the weekend. I think I'm still optimistic we can survive, it's just the realisation set in last night that we are going to be in the mix until May. It's very uncomfortable.

We need about 37 points to be sure of staying up...we can't think four will be enough and we probably will stay up...

We need 5 wins, and a couple of draws. Home games are going to be crucial. We can get a result in any of the 9 left if we use Goodison to our advantage. That means we need the players to come out the traps with aggression and intensity.

It’s the defence that’s the big worry.

A team with richarlison , DCL, Alli, vdb, grey and Gordon should have more than enough to score goals to win us games.

A defence of Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Kenny, mykolenko , branthwaite…that hasn’t got enough quality or battlers in there to keep clean sheets.
I agree. Easily the worst defence in the league. How no manager hasn’t recognised this and downs anything about it is shocking.

Those up front need to take responsibility. They seem to make the wrong decision in good positions going forward all the time and lose the ball cheaply. We had decent opportunities last night, and always chose the wrong pass.

Liam, I don’t know what age you are but if you are under about 25 I have bad news for you.

If we continue to sink then a day will come when when we play the fixture which makes or breaks us.

And if it comes to that then you ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

The build up to Wimbledon Day was the worst week of my life.

Couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat (much), was a total grouch to everyone including my sainted mother and my not so sainted wife and I could not face going into work by the time Friday came.

The only thing I could do was….. :pint2:

Then I sat in the Bullens in floods of tears when they went two goals up :(

To all you young Blues out there…..I hope to God you don’t have to experience a week like that.

The odd thing is we had another last day escape versus Cov a few years later but it never affected me in the same way.
I know exactly what you mean mate I was in the main stand with my eyes welling and my throat was as dry as an Arabs flip flop .
We watched as our players were unable to kick a dustbin never mind a football but they managed to pull themselves together and get the result, Unsworth was magnificent that day.
We don't have the luxury of a home game at Goodison this time which worries me and a trip to Arsenal needing a point or a win is not where we want to be
A win on Saturday is absolutely crucial

9/2 Bet365

They have Burnley, Watford and Norwich odds on to go down.
We have the worst form of any team in the PL.

Lampard and Clement and Cole et al really need to pull a tactical rabbit out of the hat to keep this club up.

Personally I think the odds are against us staying up now.

How do we turn this oil tanker around with a defence like this who can concede goals so cheaply? I dont envy Lampard having the weight of saving a club's 70 odd year top flight status with Pickford, Holgate, Branthwaite, Keane and Godfrey to keep the ball out of the net.

This already looks like an impossible task, and if we get beat against Leeds I'd call it right then: relegated.

We have the worst form of any team in the PL.

Lampard and Clement and Cole et al really need to pull a tactical rabbit out of the hat to keep this club up.

Personally I think the odds are against us staying up now.

How do we turn this oil tanker around with a defence like this who can concede goals so cheaply? I dont envy Lampard having the weight of saving a club's 70 odd year top flight status with Pickford, Holgate, Branthwaite, Keane and Godfrey to keep the ball out of the net.

This already looks like an impossible task, and if we get beat against Leeds I'd call it right then: relegated.
Hard to argue with your final sentence.
These games in hand coupled with missing another fixture because of the cup game, possibly another due to the opposition are going to bite us hard in the last quarter of the season.

Hard to argue with your final sentence.
These games in hand coupled with missing another fixture because of the cup game, possibly another due to the opposition are going to bite us hard in the last quarter of the season.
We really needed a January that was incident free so we could focus on getting the right players in. We turned into a mad house though, and we failed to sort that defence out.

If we go down that will be a huge reason for it.

We need to go on a little run, not even a run, just like a “2 defeats in 8” sort of upturn, but you just can’t see it at the minute. We need clean sheets, three all season is pitiful.

Looking at the fixtures, there’s a host of games you can see us getting nothing from, Liverpool, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Man U, probably West Ham and Leicester away too. And when you look at that, that gives us about ten games to get about 18 points from. Terrifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back