Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t stand some of these absolute cowards. The mentality on display last night was nothing short of pathetic. Second to everything, lost every header. If we go down it’s because we deserve to. Keane, Holgate and Gomes would never play for us again in an ideal world. Coleman is washed up. The list could easily go on. The terrifying thing is we’ve got nobody to replace our centre backs with Godfrey and now likely Mina out for weeks.
Look at the squad we have compared with Burnley,Leeds and Brentford. They've spent buttons. We can't afford to feel sorry for ourselves, we need to roll up our sleeves and work harder.

I hope yesterday was about Frank giving the 'old guard' the opportunity to dig us out of the shiote, and Saturday will be a chance for the new signings and understudies to get there chance, fortune favours the brave as they say, so time to be brave and drop some of the old boys in favour of the young and hungry.
Whatever teams walks out against Leeds, with a roaring crowd behind them they have to deliver.

Carlo seen them for what they were and played like a team with survival in mind.

Benitez the same but obviously not as world class as Carlo. And had an uphill battle being who he is.

When you look at the some of the games left I really worry where we will get points from City, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Leicester (a) and Arsenal (a) makes it a really hard run in.
We also have Newcastle, Wolves, Leeds and Leicester at home. There's some difficult fixtures, there will be with nearly half the season to go, but it's not over.

Yesterday was far from great, however there is still a long way to go. Two victories and other results going are way and we could be mid-table.

I think Brentford will end up going down. We have two games in hand over them. Teams at the bottom all have to play each other.

I don’t think we’ll get relegated but I don’t think it will be anything to do with us, it’ll be by virtue of other teams just being worse - we are not built for a relegation scrap.

Benitez was absolutely clueless. Him and Moshiri are the reason we're in this situation ( and the players obviously).
More so the 6 years of turning a top 5 side slowly mediocre into relegation candidates from the mosh than a 4 month stint from one of his 12 bad manager appointments.

Look at the squad we have compared with Burnley,Leeds and Brentford. They've spent buttons. We can't afford to feel sorry for ourselves, we need to roll up our sleeves and work harder.
Of course they do, but are they capable of it? I’m not convinced they’ve got the mentality to do the job required of them.

I have never got involved in the R debate before but fear this could be our year.

Poor performances and injuries have dragged us into the mire and cannot see a way out.

Is their a reason why the club have not confirmed season ticket prices and payment schemes yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back