Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, but that wasn't real football. I don't think we have any chance in a full stadium. Our players are too fragile to cope with the pressure. It's the only game of the 17th left where I think we have next to no chance of even a point.

My point still is that we shouldn't be writing games off. Any game is winnable or loseable, even the really tough ones like City home, Spurs away etc.
Honestly if we can get some organisation to the defence, I think we will be fine. Its the defensive players that are causing all of our issues I think.

They will have been working on it no doubt in training this week, i'm hoping the lack of CB's actually forces into us player a 4 man defence tbh

Honestly if we can get some organisation to the defence, I think we will be fine. Its the defensive players that are causing all of our issues I think.

They will have been working on it no doubt in training this week, i'm hoping the lack of CB's actually forces into us player a 4 man defence tbh

38 conceded in 21 games. Absolutely pathetic all season.

A lot of it is structural but part of it is desire and commitment too. Can barely remember an Everton player throw their body on the line all season.

We need to get the basics sorted asap and then we have a good chance.......

Second Balls
Set Plays
Transitions

Get good in those 3 areas and we aren't going down. They are the most important things in football and are basic.

If you look though our remaining fixtures, IMO a little over half of them are expected losses. So the pool of fixtures to pick up 5 or so wins is very shallow. Lose on Saturday and I believe we are done for.

If we somehow craft a win this Saturday, things look a lot rosier for the moment.

Just hope we have Wimbledon last game.
I don't agree with this mentality. Anything can happen in the last few games of a season. We could win or lose any game. Maybe except Anfield away.
Anfield away might as well not be played, save us any suspensions or injures. One thing for sure that is one game the players won’t turn up for, if they do we will truly know our mentality has changed, just can’t see it though.

Also playing Allan and Gomes in midfield, Gomes ok in a 3 but aw full in a 2.

If you look though our remaining fixtures, IMO a little over half of them are expected losses. So the pool of fixtures to pick up 5 or so wins is very shallow. Lose on Saturday and I believe we are done for.

If we somehow craft a win this Saturday, things look a lot rosier for the moment.
We would maybe done for if we were bottom, we are no actually in the bottom 3 and do have a game in hand on most down there. 17 games left mile to early to say if we lose Saturday we are done for.

We would maybe done for if we were bottom, we are no actually in the bottom 3 and do have a game in hand on most down there. 17 games left mile to early to say if we lose Saturday we are done for.
There's a four point gap opening up just above us which shows other clubs are slowly moving away from us and we're being left in a small pool of teams looking at the drop. Lose on Saturday and that could be a 7 point gap to the team above us. I'd be a lot more confident of beating the drop have another two or three teams within a point or two so a couple of good wins could move us closer to mid table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back