Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 wins? Do you really think 28 points would be enough to stay up? I think 38 would be the minimum and even then we would be in the bottom 6. There are always a couple of teams that dragged into the relegation fight and 1 or 2 that go on a run of good results. I think we would be down with 28 points.
Norwich and Burnley are currently on target for 27 points and Watford 26 points.
Obviously it's expected they'll put up a bit of a fight and maybe reach 30ish but I reckon 32/33 points should be enough to get 17th or 16th place.

I'd still like to see Everton getting at least 35 points though, not just to avoid relegation but to show that Lampard is turning things round and improving the performance and the results. Considering it's mathematically possible to get to 70 points, getting to 35 points would still be piss poor.

3 wins? Do you really think 28 points would be enough to stay up? I think 38 would be the minimum and even then we would be in the bottom 6. There are always a couple of teams that dragged into the relegation fight and 1 or 2 that go on a run of good results. I think we would be down with 28 points.
Not one of the teams beneath us is sniffing 35 points. Brentford Palace and Leeds will be dragged into it before us

38 points definitely isn’t the minimum, we’d finish about 15th with that total. 34 points would be enough to survive.

We defo need a bit more, but statistically the teams with 7/8 wins, stay up. We scrap that, together with some drab 0-0s, and well be good. We play brentford, and well play man u. That has got to have 6 points written all over for us.

Nice buffer between relegation places now but lots of work to do. It is not just about staying up though, we need to start performing well and winning more consistently not just to stay up but to get in good shape for the next campaign. This club should not be scrambling for points at the wrong end of the table going forward

Still work to do but if we keep that standard up at home we should be ok its crucial we win the must wins though because our run in isn't kind. That being said we always seem to sneak a few results against "top six" teams as they just attack us and we can have a shot on the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back