Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our brilliant display against Leeds should command a little respect from ALL PL teams now.

We still might play poor football I know, BUT other teams might not think they can walk over us now

Fingers crossed, Lampard has the team/squad in a better state of mind
One match against fellow league strugglers means the rest of the league should stand up and take up notice of us?

I don’t see it tbh

I just think they’ll score enough goals to at least draw their way to safety

Burnley will get overwhelmed by the fixture pile up, whilst the damage has probably been done regards Norwich and Watford

We’ve still been unable to maintain any consistent positive form and Brentford are dropping like a stone

It’s between us five I think

Leeds and Newcastle will probably be fine
I think Leeds and Newcastle will be fine too. I also think we'll finish above both of them. ;)

Unless the away form improves it’s still going to a slog. Only Burnley have gained less points on their travels so far. I still think it‘s too early to write off any team and there’s been plenty of escapes in the past by clubs who have looked doomed. The Southampton and Spurs games will tell us a great deal as to how nervy the rest of the season is going to be.

In my opinion, bottom 3 will be Burnley, Watford, Norwich. Brentford 17th. I think Leeds will be 16th, Newcastle 15th.

I actually think that we will get enough points for 12th now. Some games will be god awful in the midst of that as well though like the newcastle game was.

The table is a bit misleading right now at the bottom. COVID meant that some teams have very different remaining games. But I agree that Burnley, Watford and Norwich are likely to get quickly separated from the rest of the table as none of them figure to get much above 30 points which is certain death.

Look at this run in

How can anyone be confident

Sat 19/02 15:00
england flag
Premier League
SouthamptonAway
Sat 26/02 15:00
england flag
Premier League
NewcastleHome
Sat 26/02 17:30
england flag
Premier League
Man CityHome
Thu 03/03 20:15
england flag
FA Cup
Boreham WoodHome
Sat 05/03 15:00
england flag
Premier League
BurnleyAway
Mon 07/03 20:00
england flag
Premier League
TottenhamAway
Sat 12/03 15:00
england flag
Premier League
WolverhamptonHome
Sat 12/03 15:00
england flag
Premier League
LeicesterHome
Sat 19/03 15:00
england flag
Premier League
WatfordAway
Sat 02/04 15:00
england flag
Premier League
West HamAway
Sat 09/04 15:00
england flag
Premier League
Man UtdHome
Sat 16/04 15:00
england flag
Premier League
Crystal PalaceHome
Sat 23/04 15:00
england flag
Premier League
LiverpoolAway
Sat 30/04 15:00
england flag
Premier League
ChelseaHome
Sat 07/05 15:00
england flag
Premier League
LeicesterAway
Sun 15/05 15:00
england flag
Premier League
BrentfordHome
Sun 22/05 16:00
england flag
Premier League
ArsenalAway
Imagine the moaning from across the park if they had to play the Geordies (3pm) then Man City @ 5.30 straight after each other on the same day (26th Feb!). Meanwhile Frank will just get on with it and probably settle for 4 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back