Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich arent finding enough form to catch us, maybe brentford if they cant turn the corner.
Hodgson a terrible appointment for watford to try and keep them up, theyve 2 draws and 8 defeats in their last 10, with a near full strength squad. Theyre in massive bother.
Burnley the ones that in previous years you would maybe have been wary of, but they can't score goals, and that will be huge difference from them scraping draws, theyre currently 1 win in 16.
Honestly cant see anything but them 3, unless Bees completely die a death
Agree with Hodgson being a bad appointment. Done well over the years but to be dropped into a lost cause at this stage of the season at his age is almost cruel

To be fair I watched the Brighton v Watford game and I didn't think Watford looked at all bad... Then again watching us this season makes me think there's alot of teams that look alright..

We need to have a run of form .. just trying to work out where that will be.

Just got to hope we play the teams that have nothing to play for ... Then the fans to push the players on and visa versa

I was at the Wimbledon match and I was at the Coventry match and the fans got behind every single player from the first minute to the last during those games, no matter how crap they were playing or how hopeless things seemed.

If I know Everton fans that is exactly what we will do later today against Leeds.

This really is make or break. It is the biggest match I’ve known us be involved in for years.

It needn’t have come to this. Had we appointed Frank a year ago and not that clown Benitez we wouldn’t be in this mess, nor would we have lost Lucas Digne and James Rodriguez. But I’m digressing now.
I was at the Wimbledon match and listened to the Coventry match on a radio in Australia and you were spot on
Goodison was excellent yesterday from min 1.

Just don’t see it mate

Newcastle look to have really hit their stride now, whilst Leeds are always dangerous going forward and have amassed enough points prior to this that they have the luxury of being able to potentially draw their way out of it, especially if the other five keep dropping points, which I think we all will

Leeds and Newcastle are not who we need to be focusing on, it’s the other four imo
Its too early to judge us under Lampard but its fair to expect there will be an upturn of some degree from the Benitez form

We are 1 point behind Leeds with 1 in hand. If we are in it then they are in it. We are a point ahead of Newcastle with a game in hand. If we are still in it then they are still in it.

Brentford are 2 ahead but we have 3 games in hand. They are the team likely to be sucked in and are definitely not safe.

I dont think we can rule teams out at all at this stage. But I agree that the current bottom 3 are favourites to go down.

I reckon it will be the current bottom 3 to go, us and Newcastle are building gap now, someone could still get sucked in but I have a feeling the relegation 3 could be decided very early this season.

Its too early to judge us under Lampard but its fair to expect there will be an upturn of some degree from the Benitez form

We are 1 point behind Leeds with 1 in hand. If we are in it then they are in it. We are a point ahead of Newcastle with a game in hand. If we are still in it then they are still in it.

Brentford are 2 ahead but we have 3 games in hand. They are the team likely to be sucked in and are definitely not safe.

I dont think we can rule teams out at all at this stage. But I agree that the current bottom 3 are favourites to go down.
Suspect one of those will swap with Brentford before the season is out.

Great win yesterday but it’s going to be an up and down rest of the season for sure and I think there’ll be times when it’ll be squeaky bum time and we will have to pull out performances like we did yesterday to win huge six pointers.

Soton, city, spurs, wolves next - three of them are bang in form as well. Think we will score goals but that defence when put under pressure will concede!

Any rumours as to when the Newcastle and Burnley games are going to be rescheduled?

I mentioned it recently, Coleman as a CB I really think this is the best way for us to utilise him, we have 2 RBs to use so I’m quite happy having our best leader in the at CB. I always believe the best position for a captain was CB.
I'd play him as a striker. The last couple of years he has lost the hunger to get into the box and go for goal. I dono why. He was an animal at it in his prime. Looked more dangerous than some of our strikers.

He rolled it back v Leeds.

That leeds game was massive make no mistake. It'll probably be a 'see we had nothing to worry about, stop bedwetting' and ill agree that result more than likely now should put us on the path to safety.

But had we have lost it? We would be in an awful state. And southampton would have been our most important game in decades. If Leeds already wasn't.

The 3 rearranged games are key. 7 points from them is doable. Leicester are not the side they were 2 years ago, and are perhaps the only team in the league who let in softer goals from set pieces than us. Newcastle at home is certainly winnable and Burnley away is just a scrap! 7 points from those and things will look a lot rosier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back