Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was confident we would stay up before Southampton, nice healthy gap to relegation zone and hoping for a good performance at Southampton after the dross served up at Newcastle.

Now I`m of a different opinion......

Clearly away games are a massive massive issue, I dont think we are getting another point away from home this season. Away games left are Burnley, Spurs Watford, West Ham, Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal. Our only away win was v Brighton back in August, 6 months ago. That coupled with 2 of the worst away displays at Newcastle which I thought they`d learnt from but clearly, CLEARLY they havent and they wont.

So we arent getting another point away and we need at least 18 more points from our last 15 games which is a PPG ratio higher than what we`ve had all season.

From that perspective we need to win 6 of our remaining 8 home games to even get to 40 points, who have we got? Leicester, City, Wolves, Newcastle, Man Utd, Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Brentford. How many of them will we win? I cant see us winning more than 4 giving us a season total of 34 points and I think that will see us down.....

Gutted it has come to this but I really think we are down and its really depressing, if you are like me this club affects every part of your life and if we go down Everton will be in financial meltdown, to the point we may end up like Derby with massive points deductions in the Championship.

Sad sad times all because of that fat Spanish c**t, yes this is on Moshiri but I bet he isn`t living the same fear every fan is at the moment. We are F**c**d!

We should pick up points away from home. Absolutely no reason why we can’t if Burnley have just won three nil at Brighton.

It’s all down to the players. If they want to work and perform we’ll be out of this easily. If they want to continue to doss about and give up most games then we’ll struggle in every game left.

I was confident we would stay up before Southampton, nice healthy gap to relegation zone and hoping for a good performance at Southampton after the dross served up at Newcastle.

Now I`m of a different opinion......

Clearly away games are a massive massive issue, I dont think we are getting another point away from home this season. Away games left are Burnley, Spurs, Watford, West Ham, Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal. Our only away win was v Brighton back in August, 6 months ago. That coupled with 2 of the worst away displays at Newcastle which I thought they`d learnt from but clearly, CLEARLY they havent and they wont.

So we arent getting another point away and we need at least 18 more points from our last 15 games which is a PPG ratio higher than what we`ve had all season. Plus the teams below us all picked up good points away from home and Norwich unlucky not to get something from the RS.

From that perspective we need to win 6 of our remaining 8 home games to even get to 40 points, who have we got? Leicester, City, Wolves, Newcastle, Man Utd, Crystal Palace, Chelsea and Brentford. How many of them will we win? I cant see us winning more than 4 giving us a season total of 34 points and I think that will see us down.....

Gutted it has come to this but I really think we are down and its really depressing, if you are like me this club affects every part of your life and if we go down Everton will be in financial meltdown, to the point we may end up like Derby with massive points deductions in the Championship.

Sad sad times all because of that fat Spanish c**t, yes this is on Moshiri but I bet he isn`t living the same fear every fan is at the moment. We are F**c**d!
Im sorry you cant be definite about no away points! The manager hasnt veen here ling and we have Doucoure and gray to come back.... Theres signs of life

Feels horrible this. First time since the 90s that we have looked like we could go down and the difference is the lack of fight this time around and the loss of basic duties in positions like the defence. Sick of seeing the same players do the same mistakes every season. The defence will relegate us and there isn't anything we can do about it. I'm not looking forward to next weekend because we will get battered by city and at least one team below us will close the gap.

We should pick up points away from home. Absolutely no reason why we can’t if Burnley have just won three nil at Brighton.

It’s all down to the players. If they want to work and perform we’ll be out of this easily. If they want to continue to doss about and give up most games then we’ll struggle in every game left.
Lampard needs to rethink his tactics for away games. We need to be hard to beat. He may have to look at five in midfield.

Remember the names of this team.

They will go down in infamy if / when they relegate us.

That prospect really should be enough to get the points we need to stay up. If I was one of those players knowing the type of fans we have I'd be pulling my tripes out like every game as the last to avoid that situation arising. However, I see the likes of Calvert-Lewin jogging about and it's clear to me that a lot of them dont give a flying one. They have no fear of these fans of ours if we go through the trap door and no dignity.

If we do survive this season then there has to be a massive showdown in the summer with saleable players out the door and the rest sidelines as the stiffs they are.

We should, but the fact is we`ve picked up 6 points from away games this season in 12 attempts, 1 win and 3 draws in 12 attempts and obviously 8 defeats, 6 points from a possible 36! More recently we have lost to the worst teams in the league away from home and the remaining games are alot harder than what has gone before.

What is also worrying is that Frank persists with the 2 man centre midfield, the exact same trap the FSW fell in to! History repeating itself?

No one can convince me we are not in a relegation scrap with players that have THE weakest mentality in world football.

Feels horrible this. First time since the 90s that we have looked like we could go down and the difference is the lack of fight this time around and the loss of basic duties in positions like the defence. Sick of seeing the same players do the same mistakes every season. The defence will relegate us and there isn't anything we can do about it. I'm not looking forward to next weekend because we will get battered by city and at least one team below us will close the gap.
...biggest difference is that this time around we spent half a billion to land in a relegation dog fight.

There is no scenario where we will be out of this easily. We will be in seventeenth place after the City game.

We will be in the bottom three by mid March. After that, who knows.

I just don’t think there is enough fight in them.

Burnley have a manager experienced in getting out of these situations and, although a team of limited players, they are all fighting home and away which Everton do not. They played so well and deserved to beat Liverpool last week and have been unlucky in other games recently. Also, Weghorst is an excellent signing for them and has started strong.

I do agree though, it is all down to our players. We need to win those important 6 pointer games against Burnley, Watford, Newcastle. Win those and also pick up 2-4 points from the tough games against the top teams like United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Wolves and I think we will be safe.

It is a very tough run.

We should, but the fact is we`ve picked up 6 points from away games this season in 12 attempts, 1 win and 3 draws in 12 attempts and obviously 8 defeats, 6 points from a possible 36! More recently we have lost to the worst teams in the league away from home and the remaining games are alot harder than what has gone before.

What is also worrying is that Frank persists with the 2 man centre midfield, the exact same trap the FSW fell in to! History repeating itself?

No one can convince me we are not in a relegation scrap with players that have THE weakest mentality in world football.
No for the simple fact that we have Doucoure out, once he’s back you’ll likely see the switch to a 3 of Allan, VBD and Doucs

...biggest difference is that this time around we spent half a billion to land in a relegation dog fight.
If the lads were willing to put the same shift in away as at home then I wouldn't be as concerned. If we go down then it's because the players couldn't be arsed playing away from goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.