Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is home games and we’ve got to be eyeing Wolves, Palace, Newcastle, Leicester & Brentford as games we need to be taking maximums and at minimum draws from.

Away from home Burnley and Watford are huge. Leicester will be massive too.

City, Arsenal I’ll take as bonus’s and who knows against United and Chelsea, West Ham too.
I'm not expecting any points from away games tbh.

Wouldn't put a penny on us getting anything at Watford, Burnley, Leicester.

1 point away from home since 2 Oct.

Hope I'm wrong.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sometimes they can surprise you.

Lampards had a couple of cracks and got it wrong, and that’s a bit concerning but hopefully we can find something from somewhere.

I like your philosophy though mate, aim low and can’t be disappointed. Just got to find the big results when it really matters, losing to City is naturally bad but a loss to Brentford or Watford would be catastrophic.

Simply just by law of averages we should pick some up somewhere, even if we have to shut up shop. The Watford away game is massive
You'd think so, but not sure law of averages applies to this firm.

Just feels like a death spiral away from home. Home points or its curtains imo.

Sometimes they can surprise you.

Lampards had a couple of cracks and got it wrong, and that’s a bit concerning but hopefully we can find something from somewhere.

I like your philosophy though mate, aim low and can’t be disappointed. Just got to find the big results when it really matters, losing to City is naturally bad but a loss to Brentford or Watford would be catastrophic.

Got it wrong or flogging a dead horse with what he's got. Sit deep?..go on the front foot?..either way i simply dont think they have it in them on the road. No character. No desire..call it what you will. We played deep under benitez away. Absymal losses. We came out more under lampard away. Poor losses.
I wish i knew the answer other than to many in this squad have no character or fight.

Hope I'm wrong.
Is that actually true? My god, if that isn’t relegation form I don’t know what is.

Also worth keeping an eye on when Kevin Philips comes back for leeds and Erickson starts for Brentford.
Leeds have the RS and Spurs next then a row of winnable games if Philips is back.
For me, Mina is our big player like that.
Sure Doucoure and Gray will come back but we have options up front.
We're threadbare at center back and crying out for a half decent defender.
Not great having to rely on Mina!
Rest peaceful....Kevin Phillips is long retired from playing....took up a managerial role a few weeks ago. His grandson Kelvin though....

Got it wrong or flogging a dead horse with what he's got. Sit deep?..go on the front foot?..either way i simply dont think they have it in them on the road. No character. No desire..call it what you will. We played deep under benitez away. Absymal losses. We came out more under lampard away. Poor losses.
I wish i knew the answer other than to many in this squad have no character or fight.

He got it wrong. I’m not beating Lampard cause he’s shown at home he’s very much got it right.

Just felt tactically he got it wrong. You can have a whole gang of dead horses, but they can still shoot. There’s a whole host of issues, Lampard isn’t the main root of that.

But if Watford can go to Villa and win, then we can at least change tactics around to have a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.