Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth keeping an eye on when Kevin Philips comes back for leeds and Erickson starts for Brentford.
Leeds have the RS and Spurs next then a row of winnable games if Philips is back.
For me, Mina is our big player like that.
Sure Doucoure and Gray will come back but we have options up front.
We're threadbare at center back and crying out for a half decent defender.
Not great having to rely on Mina!

I think Leeds issues are far beyond what Philipps offers.

They’re down to the bare bones. There’s rumours of unsettled players all over too. Something just isn’t right for them.

If Brentford have to rely on Eriksen, then they’re in huge trouble. It’s amazing what he’s achieved to return, but can he successfully navigate the Premier League?

Doucoure is a massive upgrade on Gomes and hopefully Lampard will work wonders with him.

Just wish we’d get these damn games in hand played so we know where we stand. Could’ve played Newcastle (h) tonight as both teams free, and with a win we’d all be panicking a bit less. But either way we’d know where we are and what the team needs to do. The games in hand are making the situation so much more stressful than maybe it needs to be.

He got it wrong. I’m not beating Lampard cause he’s shown at home he’s very much got it right.

Just felt tactically he got it wrong. You can have a whole gang of dead horses, but they can still shoot. There’s a whole host of issues, Lampard isn’t the main root of that.

But if Watford can go to Villa and win, then we can at least change tactics around to have a go.

He's not on the pitch. He cant shoot.
We're bottom of the away table for a reason.
Its very easy to just say he got it wrong after any defeat. Finding answers isnt as easy.

Just wish we’d get these damn games in hand played so we know where we stand. Could’ve played Newcastle (h) tonight as both teams free, and with a win we’d all be panicking a bit less. But either way we’d know where we are and what the team needs to do. The games in hand are making the situation so much more stressful than maybe it needs to be.
Don’t understand how they haven’t rearranged Burnley a and Leicester h games by now.

The players need to wake up and realise this is everything to us, they stroll around when we go behind like they aren't in a battle. Truth is if we go down they will get cushy moves but the club will be in a world of pain
It was very suspect how Newcastle got the game called off when they had injuries. Seemed like they wanted to wait until they had their window. Dodgy.

I am not changing what ive said for many weeks, if we are by the bottom 3 by April with the run of games we have in the run in, we are in big trouble for me, we have had quite a few big results not go for us over the last few weeks with the odd one go for us, not helped by us been us off course, but do these players even care about it to even try and get themselves out, yes we have games in hand on the odd team and people say if we win we go up the table a bit but winning we hardly do while others are getting wins you dont expect, i didnt expect Burnley to win at Brighton or even beat Spurs myself, or Watford to win at villa, we need to pull a result out of somewhere that no one expects and starting City with would do - The game between Brentford v Newcastle for me is better as a draw as we dont want teams getting away from us, even though a draw that game will drop us a place, while off course we could be the bottom 3 if Burnley win at palace as well

Scary looking at our games after Watford.

West Ham (away)
Man U (home)
Palace (home)
The RS (away)
Chelsea (home)
Leicester (away)
Brentford (home)
Arsenal (away)

Games to be confirmed:

Burnley (away)
Leicester (home)
If the players actually stood up we would have a shot in all of those. But they don't have the fight tthats the worrying thing. We should have enough at home but no guarantees we have a squad that thinks it's better than it is and doesn't like it when we go behind...flaky..

Don’t understand how they haven’t rearranged Burnley a and Leicester h games by now.
I think maybe the logic is to stall and get players back and give Lampard more time to de-Benitez the team. There definitely doesn’t seem to be any urgency on our part. But I’m not sure that is preferable to knowing where we stand and the potential morale boost of some points on the board. Those 3 postponed games should, even on mediocre form be worth at least 4-6 points with 2 at home, and even at the bottom end of that things look better.

He's not on the pitch. He cant shoot.
We're bottom of the away table for a reason.
Its very easy to just say he got it wrong after any defeat. Finding answers isnt as easy.

As I said, I’m not beating him.

He just needed to play a style which was more suitable. He had gray on the bench against Southamton and brought on Gomes.

It’s fine to be critical, and you can do so without being Negative. The results will come with Lampard there I’m sure.

Got it wrong or flogging a dead horse with what he's got. Sit deep?..go on the front foot?..either way i simply dont think they have it in them on the road. No character. No desire..call it what you will. We played deep under benitez away. Absymal losses. We came out more under lampard away. Poor losses.
I wish i knew the answer other than to many in this squad have no character or fight.
Newcastle was unlucky losing Gray and Mina, we’ll have Gray back soon, long way to go keep the spirits up

As I said, I’m not beating him.

He just needed to play a style which was more suitable. He had gray on the bench against Southamton and brought on Gomes.

It’s fine to be critical, and you can do so without being Negative. The results will come with Lampard there I’m sure.

I know you're not beating him.
All im saying is we've tried both styles away from home this season. Under benitez and lampard.
What is the winning style?
Or are these players just not up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.