Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford winning is as bad as it gets.

That’s said, we have 7 home games and an out of form Wolves next.

Time to make Goodison rock. Down to us as fans to help the players.
Brentford has 3 games they needed points from, probably 6 at least. Newcastle home lost, Norwich today and Burnley at home.
They then have a tough 7 games before the last 2 v us at goodison and Leeds at home last day.
A poor result v Burnley and they’re still bang in trouble

Can't grumble at those results today, we were never gonna get every result go our way. Burnley could well have taken 4-6 points from their matches against Leicester and Chelsea, then we'd really be up the creek.

With the games in hand we have we should be fine if it was another club in our position I would be saying they would likely survive.

But it’s Everton so…….

Brentford has 3 games they needed points from, probably 6 at least. Newcastle home lost, Norwich today and Burnley at home.
They then have a tough 7 games before the last 2 v us at goodison and Leeds at home last day.
A poor result v Burnley and they’re still bang in trouble
Our last home game against Brentford will confirm our PL status for next season. I'm forecasting that we will be all but mathematically safe prior to kick off, but will put on a show for the fans by way of a thank you.

I hope!!

It really really isn’t.

For me it is.

It’s not a disaster, but they’re the train identify, alongside Watford and Norwich as the weakest in the league.
Scraping a 1-0 is one thing, convincing dispatching of a rival is another.
Still very much in our hands, but you need the results to go out way

Status
Not open for further replies.