Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you all that. But we have forgotten how to win. It's only the results that matter going forward.
I think if we play more games like we did against City, the wins will come. That was not a down and out performance, it was a gutsy performance. The home games have been good and the crowd are giving full backing. It’s the away performances that need attention.

But in the end, we do desperately need some wins.

Win would be massive tonight, it would really squeeze pressure on Leeds, the current bottom 3 and even Brentford who are still not out of it I don't think.

Next round of fixtures are

Wolves v Watford - Tough one for Watford
Leeds v Villa - Hard to call as Villa are a bit inconsistent, think Leeds might nick this one actually
Norwich v Chelsea - Can't see anything but a Chelsea win tbh
Brentford v Burnley - HUGE game for the relegation battle, especially for Burnley, if they lose this theyre going to be in a tough spot

The disconcerting aspect is we only have 2 or 3 games against lower tier teams on paper left but those are the games we usually bungle too. With us losing to Watford and Brentford(in the league) last time

you obviously havent been watching Burnley play. They have real fight. Good chance to stay up.
I watched the Burnley game against Leicester and they were just awful. Really really bad.

I know they can put in some battling performances, but they have a bad bad squad.

Tonight if we do lose ok it will not help us at all but its not one of the fixtures that is vital for us in the relegation battle, obviously we need points fast but if we do get beat were not in more danger then we were before this round of games started, with teams around us not winning the games are running out for them.

Yes it will hurt to get nothing to night but not as much as it would losing to Wolves for example next week, away at Spurs anything is a massive bonus

If we win today I think out of Wolves, Burnley, Leeds and Brentford we would be in pole position to win the mini league. I don't think we will win though, so I don't know what to think.

you are making this into a far bigger deal than what it actually is and probably making yourself ill.
If we were on board the Titanic after it hit the iceberg and you said that me, then i quite rightfully would not listen to you.

The situation this club is in is very serious, and we badly need to start getting some wins to get us out of it.

Hopefully we'll get the first of those wins we need tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back