Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be more confident of going to Spurs had they not lost to Boro last time out, I fear a backlash.

Please be 4-3-3
It does not matter for me how Spurs or any team do the game before we play them, IE they win previous game and people say they will carry that winning run on against us, or they lose that previous game and people say we are the right team for the oppo to get back on that winning track - same if a draw etc, Its just how we play and if we play like we do away we know what will happen

It does not matter for me how Spurs or any team do the game before we play them, IE they win previous game and people say they will carry that winning run on against us, or they lose that previous game and people say we are the right team for the oppo to get back on that winning track - same if a draw etc, Its just how we play and if we play like we do away we know what will happen
Correct. The underlying factor consistently is how bad Everton are.

That we're going to have to work hard, we will pick up points naturally in the next few games, the ones below us won't plus we have 3 games in hand on most.
Chill mate, this will be a breeze.

The idea you have in your head of what sort of a team we are, and the actual team we are, don’t match up at all. Of course we have to work hard.

The idea you have in your head of what sort of a team we are, and the actual team we are, don’t match up at all. Of course we have to work hard.
We would have to work a lot harder if there wasn't teams far worse than us surrounding us at the bottom of the league, you are making this into a far bigger deal than what it actually is and probably making yourself ill.
Seriously Mike in some way try and be more relaxed about the situation you are back where we were last week after a good weekend of results for us and we haven't evenkicked a ball.

I think 32 will be enough. Obviously that total would be too close for comfort but looking at the table and the remaining fixtures for the teams down there I keep arriving at 32 points being the magic number.
I tend to agree. 3 wins required, but totally clueless where they are coming from as we have forgotten how to win.

35 points max will be needed for safety based on previous seasons. Going back seven seasons and the largest number of points from 18th after 26 games to 18th after 38 games is 13 points.

Currently Burnley sit on 21 points in 18th. It would therefore be highly unusual for 18th to have more than 34 points after 38 games.

Also worth noting that recent history below has shown the gap actually shrinking and the points tally for 18th trending downwards. Potentially as the gap between the top and bottom teams in the premier league has grown ?

2020/21 - 23 to 28
2019/20 - 24 to 34
2018/19 - 24 to 34
2017/18 - 24 to 33
2016/17 - 22 to 34
2015/16 - 24 to 37
2014/15 - 22 to 35

12 points should see us safe for sure, and likely less. Three wins and three draws from fourteen games.

35 points max will be needed for safety based on previous seasons. Going back seven seasons and the largest number of points from 18th after 26 games to 18th after 38 games is 13 points.

Currently Burnley sit on 21 points in 18th. It would therefore be highly unusual for 18th to have more than 34 points after 38 games.

Also worth noting that recent history below has shown the gap actually shrinking and the points tally for 18th trending downwards. Potentially as the gap between the top and bottom teams in the premier league has grown ?

2020/21 - 23 to 28
2019/20 - 24 to 34
2018/19 - 24 to 34
2017/18 - 24 to 33
2016/17 - 22 to 34
2015/16 - 24 to 37
2014/15 - 22 to 35

12 points should see us safe for sure, and likely less. Three wins and three draws from fourteen games.
The worrying thing is since October (14 points?) we've picked up 8 points. 8 points in 4ish months. There's 3 months left

For a lot of them matches we were managed by an absolute buffoon
This is true. For the record, I didn't want him to begin with. And I wanted him gone a good month or so before he finally went. The thing is, the players aren't that good and the jury is still out with Lampard. Even FSW started well. We should get out of this mess but I'm not confident just yet.

This is true. For the record, I didn't want him to begin with. And I wanted him gone a good month or so before he finally went. The thing is, the players aren't that good and the jury is still out with Lampard. Even FSW started well. We should get out of this mess but I'm not confident just yet.
If we sacked him at Christmas we would be fine now . We will be too

Correct. The underlying factor consistently is how bad Everton are.
We have changed our style since Lampard took over and it feels to me like it will come good soon.

The City result was criminal by the officials. We have nog yet shown any away form under Lampard, but as with Benitez, he ha ex been hampered with personnel availability.

We were not bad against Brentford, or Leeds, or City. We have not been consistently bad under Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back