Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 points from 8 games isn’t great but it’s a hell of a lot better than 12 points from 21.

He’s the one that made the key signings and he’s the one that has tightened the defence.

He’s proven himself a very good manager throughout his career, but our fans always want the big names. Despite this tactic failing spectacularly for years.

Not sure 12 points from 21 games is relevant to a Howe discussion tbh.

Lampard has 3 points from 5 league games, Howe had 6 points from 8. I don’t feel there’s much evidence there that Howe would have been a much better option, or that we’ve missed out.

I’m also not sure you can say our fans always want the big names ? Lots backed Ferguson as manager, there are regularly shouts for less well known managers on here when we sack somebody.

There was a poll on here when Ancelotti left and over 40% of the vote was shared between Nuno, Dunc, and Rangnick. I wouldn’t say they were “big names”.

wanting brentford to go 8 clear makes sense?

bigger picture, a draw is the best result

This.
8 points. Thats 3 wins away from us. We've only won 6 fcking games all season. 8 points is far to big for the way this Everton side is playing to reel in.
I'd be far happier tomorrow if brentford are on 28 points and Everton 25 with three games in hand.

Not sure 12 points from 21 games is relevant to a Howe discussion tbh.

Lampard has 3 points from 5 league games, Howe had 6 points from 8. I don’t feel there’s much evidence there that Howe would have been a much better option, or that we’ve missed out.

I’m also not sure you can say our fans always want the big names ? Lots backed Ferguson as manager, there are regularly shouts for less well known managers on here when we sack somebody.

There was a poll on here when Ancelotti left and over 40% of the vote was shared between Nuno, Dunc, and Rangnick. I wouldn’t say they were “big names”.

Big names as in players, not just managers. Can only imagine the fume if we had been signing Dan Burn or Matt Targett, but they would have kept us up for sure.

Absolutely nothing to do with this, there have been plenty of empty midweeks were the cancelled games could have been fit in.
Noticeable how they have failed to re arrange the Leicester match.
Wouldnt have had anything to do with the fact Vardy was long term injured, would it
No, I doubt it would. I wonder if Leicester fans are claiming it has been delayed so that DCL could get fit?

Conspiracy theories just show how desperate we've become.

Think I’d rather a Brentford win. If it’s a draw they’re six points ahead of us anyway, and with a better goal difference.

Burnley have City next, so we’ll basically have two home games to put distance between us as they’re highly unlikely to win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back