Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draw means both Burnley and Brentford are still under threat. Dont want either getting maximun points

Brentford draw and they’re six points clear of us with a better goal difference. We’re not likely to chase them down at that stage as you need seven more points than them over the rest of the season.

Burnley have City next. They are the favourites of the two to go down for a reason.

Think we can all at least agree that a Burnley win is the worst result for us today. Dyche always seems to find a way of keeping them up though so I'm not hopeful it'll be them who go down. Us, Leeds or even Brentford just seems more likely still.

Brentford draw and they’re six points clear of us with a better goal difference. We’re not likely to chase them down at that stage as you need seven more points than them over the rest of the season.

Burnley have City next. They are the favourites of the two to go down for a reason.

100% the best case scenario is a draw for these 2 today. Brentford have been terrible for ages, every chance they get dragged into the battle.

100% the best case scenario is a draw for these 2 today. Brentford have been terrible for ages, every chance they get dragged into the battle.

It really isn’t.

If it’s a draw we then have to get seven points more than Brentford to finish above them.

It would be an extremely weird scenario for us to do that, but have Burnley also finish above us.

The logical best result is a Brentford win, as Burnley are the favourites to go down of the two.

6 points clear having played 4 more. I just think Burnley know how to survive, they have been here before and Dyche will get them out of it imo. We still need Leeds and Brentford to be in the mix. The more in it the better odds we have of surviving.

It really isn’t.

If it’s a draw we then have to get seven points more than Brentford to finish above them.

It would be an extremely weird scenario for us to do that, but have Burnley also finish above us.

The logical best result is a Brentford win, as Burnley are the favourites to go down of the two.
Yep, i would rather stay ahead then chase teams as we dont chase well, though you can always see it from both POV, we go in bottom 3 and we may stay there

6 points clear having played 4 more. I just think Burnley know how to survive, they have been here before and Dyche will get them out of it imo. We still need Leeds and Brentford to be in the mix. The more in it the better odds we have of surviving.

They are playing terribly at home, and have an awful away record. Burnley are way more likely to drop than Brentford.

Burnley v Brentford today, if Burnley get anything we are in the dreaded relegation zone gong in to tomorrows game. A Brentford win will take them 8 points clear of us. Obviously we will have 2 games in hand on Burnley and 4 on Brentford with both teams to play...

Leeds v Norwich as well, praying for a Norwich win because Leeds are another side that than go 4 points clear DESPITE how bad they have been.

Southampton v Watford, hopefully Southampton have too much for Watford, same with Chelsea v Newcastle. A win for Chelsea, Burnley/Brentford, Leeds and Everton brings them back in to it.

I just think being in the zone will be too much pressure for our luvvies to deal with ahead of the Wolves game. Our players are so mentally weak...

Yeah, I don't see why people are that bothered about teams above us really. Rather just the ones below lose. We can come 17th and 5 points clear of 18th fairly realistically

Best Scenario?

1647097490110.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back