Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God we never got Eddie Howe eh? What a disaster that would've been if you'd have read anything on here. An Everton supporting manager who had remarkable achievements at a tiny club. Replicating it at side who are and have been garbage with a couple of smart acquisitions.

A fantastic manager.

I like Frank, but his record ain't a patch on Howe, who continues to do a fantastic job.
Let's hold up a sec, they spent £100m in January. Howes Newcastle were appalling before the addition of signings, Dan burn in particular.

If we have Lampard £100m in January we could be looking very different too.

Sadly we pissed all ours into the wind on players that were not even resellable

I do fear for us even if we don't go down this year. The only way were gonna be able to invest in the squad is to sell someone like DCL and whatever we get for him will be what is spent on the squad

3 draws, 4 losses, 1 win.

Those were Howe’s results up to the January transfer window (excluding the embarrassing cup defeat also) where they then made key signings that have changed their team.

Let’s not act like he’s the messiah just yet.

6 points from 8 games isn’t great but it’s a hell of a lot better than 12 points from 21.

He’s the one that made the key signings and he’s the one that has tightened the defence.

He’s proven himself a very good manager throughout his career, but our fans always want the big names. Despite this tactic failing spectacularly for years.

Our defence will ruin us, Id rather see if one our MF players or fullbacks can play CB rather than keane

All eyes on that Brentford - Burnley fixture this afternoon. I just can't seem to decide what's the best outcome for us is in that match?
Has to be Brentford win, with a draw at worst - which off course puts us in bottom 3 on GD if a draw, we dont want to be catching up points even with games in hand which mean nothing if you dont win them, in the other way a Brentford win puts them a lot more away from us but its the bottom 3 we have to finish above not above Brentford

Let's hold up a sec, they spent £100m in January. Howes Newcastle were appalling before the addition of signings, Dan burn in particular.

If we have Lampard £100m in January we could be looking very different too.

Sadly we pissed all ours into the wind on players that were not even resellable

I do fear for us even if we don't go down this year. The only way were gonna be able to invest in the squad is to sell someone like DCL and whatever we get for him will be what is spent on the squad

Half of that was on a player who has only started 1 game mind. He’s turned them around for about the money we spent on Gylfi.

Has to be Brentford win, with a draw at worst - which off course puts us in bottom 3 on GD if a draw, we dont want to be catching up points even with games in hand which mean nothing if you dont win them, in the other way a Brentford win puts them a lot more away from us but its the bottom 3 we have to finish above not above Brentford

I think Brentford are more likely to drop than Burnley tbh.

I think Brentford are more likely to drop than Burnley tbh.
Could be, but games in hand even with the amount we have with the teams we still have to play, wont auto mean we get the points that many expect/seem to think we will get, This is Everton and we are not normal,

But if they win today then they’re definitely not, they’ll be 9 points clear of them. I’d rather keep Burnley behind us, I’d much prefer to go the whole season without having to go to bed with us in the relegation zone.

Hence I don’t want Brentford to win as I don’t fancy us staying ahead of Burnley one bit.
Draw please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back