Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear that as well, if people think this squad is bad, just wait to see what we roll out next season. PL or Championship, it is going to be ugly.

As long as we form a cohesive team and are organised we’ll be better than we are now. Look at some of the teams up in mid table like Southampton and Brighton, their squads are hardly littered with “names”. Southampton have about 2 players I’d genuinely be interested in but look where they are compared to us who apparently have players that PSG and Arsenal want.

Absolutely nothing to do with this, there have been plenty of empty midweeks were the cancelled games could have been fit in.
Noticeable how they have failed to re arrange the Leicester match.
Wouldnt have had anything to do with the fact Vardy was long term injured, would it
Was actually thinking about this the other day, ideally you want to play them whilst he is out, he’s out again for 3-4 weeks I believe.

As long as we form a cohesive team and are organised we’ll be better than we are now. Look at some of the teams up in mid table like Southampton and Brighton, their squads are hardly littered with “names”. Southampton have about 2 players I’d genuinely be interested in but look where they are compared to us who apparently have players that PSG and Arsenal want.
Yeah, I think there is some much need depth that needs to be addressed, as well as a few that need to be replaced. And I agree with your name comment, as long as the current staff have a concrete plan on what kind of identity they want the squad to have and how they are going to go about it. I just want to see some consistency when they start putting next years squad together.

wolves, Newcastle,palace & Brentford minimum 10 pts and 3 against Watford .
LEEDS UTD will go
How can you possibly say we will get a minimum of 10 points from those 4 home games? .
More realistic would be 7 also Watford away we must not lose but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. All that said that give us 30 points which just leaves us 2 short of safety

We have, like we’ve missed James and more recently Digne. 3 most creative players we had gone in the space of 6 months. Any team would struggle.

Fully agree with GS and James but we don’t know which side was true with James.

Lots moaned that Gylfi slowed things down etc but I actually think that’s what we’ve missed, some composure at the top of the pitch. Too often does the ball just come back and puts more pressure on the defence.

I don’t think GS massively changes our season but I think we would have gained a few more points with him.

Was actually thinking about this the other day, ideally you want to play them whilst he is out, he’s out again for 3-4 weeks I believe.
Need them to progress in that European competition also. They're hitting that league position where there is no way they will go down but also won't make any inroads in top 8. Could be points for the taking and delayed fixture might do us a favour.

What makes you think we will keep staying up? We are a very poorly run club, it's been allowed to go on for far too long imo.
Poorly run AND poor now.

There'll be firesales this summer and it wont get better in the next few seasons either.

We are hot favourites to take the drop.

Poorly run AND poor now.

There'll be firesales this summer and it wont get better in the next few seasons either.

We are hot favourites to take the drop.
We can stay up by the skin of our teeth if we approach home games like the City game then in away games just try and keep the score as low as possible, but Im not sure how much I trust this group of players. I do worry about the summer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back