Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have to play Burnley away and we play Arsenal away on the final day while they are at home to Newcastle. We therefore need obtain at least a 3 p lead, perhaps a 4 p lead considering goal difference, ahead of the last day to be sure of staying up. Considering we play them away and will in all probability lose to them I just can’t see how that is possible.

I think Burnley will stay up. Leeds will slip further down the league though.

As i said today in the footy part, if Burnley lost and we win our 2 games -Easier said than done with us, we are 7 points above the bottom 3 with same games played as Burnley, with Burnley's next game v City, there has not been a better chance to take advantage, and we have to make it count this week, just to get that little gap for when things go wrong v the teams we still have to play in the tougher games - last thing we need is for Leeds to win v Norwich as i expect, and Everton to lose v Wolves and we are wedged in with Burnley by the bottom

2 or 3 weeks ago I was saying 35 points would be enough to keep us up but now I reckon 32 will be enough to scrape by. Having said that, I have little confidence we can get another 10 points from our 13 remaining games so I'm still very nervous and will be until we're mathmatically safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back