Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a MUCH better League though.
Absolutely, but to me it's Watford, Burnley or Newcastle who go down with Norwich. Newcastle have a torrid run coming up and then they play us which indeed will be a 6 pointer for us. DCL coming back will make a big difference.

Been here before with Everton in 94 & 98 and both of those time we were worse than we are now with worse players. Yes we are in a fight but we will NOT be relegated.
Both the 94 and 98 teams while not as talented as the current one had the one thing we are missing, bottle, in the past few weeks I have gone from thinking we won’t go down, to I don’t think we’ll go down, to it is a possibility and now I am thinking that, unless we have a complete change of tactics, or a change of manager, we have every chance of becoming involved in a fight for which our players do not have the heart.

Absolutely, to me it's Watford, Burnley or Newcastle who go down with Norwich. Newcastle have a torrid run coming up and then they play us which indeed will be a 6 pointer for us. DCL coming back will make a big difference.

Yeah I just think Newcastle will be ok. They haven’t been getting pasted, and I actually rate Eddie Howe. Obviously they have money to spend too.

We should be ok, but we are a club pulling in different directions and in free fall. It’s very concerning.

We're sleep walking into relegation and this year maybe the one.

Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Iwobi, Davies, Rondon, Kenny, Tosun, Gomes, JPG, Begovic, Lonergan.

All championship quality yet make up the basis of our squad.

Yeah I just think Newcastle will be ok. They haven’t been getting pasted, and I actually rate Eddie Howe. Obviously they have money to spend too.

We should be ok, but we are a club pulling in different directions and in free fall. It’s very concerning.
Am I concerned? Yes but not in terms of relegation. but like you in terms of structure at the club. Big changes are needed on and off the pitch that is obvious to see.

We're sleep walking into relegation and this year maybe the one.

Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Iwobi, Davies, Rondon, Kenny, Tosun, Gomes, JPG, Begovic, Lonergan.

All championship quality yet make up the basis of our squad.
Keane is not a championship player, sorry. Coleman although past his best and should not be starting games isn’t a championship player either. The rest I agree are.

No need to be patronising you know what I meant. It’s not going to happen.
I’m not being patronising I just think you’re being way too blasé about a very real problem. The fact we haven’t gone down in the past isn’t relevant to the fact we are in big trouble this year. I’m not saying we’re definitely going down but just saying it’s not happening seems a bit silly when we’re hurtling down the league at a frightening rate and there’s no sign of things getting better.

I’m not being patronising I just think you’re being way too blasé about a very real problem. The fact we haven’t gone down in the past isn’t relevant to the fact we are in big trouble this year. I’m not saying we’re definitely going down but just saying it’s not happening seems a bit silly when we’re hurtling down the league at a frightening rate and there’s no sign of things getting better.
Not denying there is a problem, that is obvious to see. But we will not be relegated. Next season will be interesting though as we may lose DCL and Pickford in the Summer. The latter not a big problem but losing a top striker will be a major blow as we struggled and probably still haven’t replaced Lukaku.

we had players that had fight and we had a united fanbase . My worry is we look like one of these classic relegation sides with delusions of grandeur ,we obvious lack fight and direction in a hodge podge of a squad assembled by numerous people, we lack goals , we lack organisation and the club is riven by splits from boardroom to the stands. If you did a relegation checklist the one thing we aren't lacking is ticks . Not to mention we've just been thumped at home by one of our rivals in their only win in what 6 , I think we'll probably be ok but we need points and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.