Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley still play norwich and watford. Then southampton and wolves. Then play hammers, who didnt play great yesterday. If they beat us in convincing way, itll give them a shot up the arm for those games and i can see them overtake us.

We really, really need to beat them wednesday.

Burnley still play norwich and watford. Then southampton and wolves. Then play hammers, who didnt play great yesterday. If they beat us in convincing way, itll give them a shot up the arm for those games and i can see them overtake us.

We really, really need to beat them wednesday.

If they best us they will 100% finish ahead of us with the run in they have....we will be targeting Leeds then as they have a very hard run in and only 7 games left

If they best us they will 100% finish ahead of us with the run in they have....we will be targeting Leeds then as they have a very hard run in and only 7 games left
Leeds just drew saints and won over wolves. They play well. They play watford, palace, brentford and brighton next. 2 or 3 points and leeds are home and away from us. Its burnley and only burnley that is our competition now.

If we can somehow win on Wednesday, not only would it, likely, deflate and condemn Burnley, it would allow us to get within plausible striking distance of Leeds and Newcastle. We would be back to within two of Leeds with two games in hand and within three of Newcastle with one in hand. That brings them back into view and gives us something to look up the table at rather than over our shoulders. Our goal difference is currently better than both of those sides, so Wednesday is pretty much the moment of opportunity for us.

I think we have to win. A draw is not a disaster - but I suspect it will not be enough. This team is crying out for a win that would transform our situation. Two games can, potentially, do that for us - Burnley and Watford as they are "six-pointers". Double jeopardy in those games. Win on Wednesday and we will finish Burnley. Lose, and they will finish us...

We need to somehow put a run together.

Brentford have 9 points from 4 games
Leeds have 7 points from 3 games
Newcastle had a run of 6 wins from 7

We haven’t had back to back unbeaten games in 7 months..

We need to somehow put a run together.

Brentford have 9 points from 4 games
Leeds have 7 points from 3 games
Newcastle had a run of 6 wins from 7

We haven’t had back to back unbeaten games in 7 months..

Essentially this.
Unbeaten run of three or four gets us out.
I dont buy the difficult run in rubbish.
Its in our own hands.

Issue is we are rubbish and also Burnley or Watford going on a similar run puts us in mire.

Clutching at straws everywhere, thats not a criticism of anybody, by the way.

We are capable of getting a point, even three against Burnley, but I fear that the necessary mental resilience, already threadbare to begin with, is gone.

The ramifications of Wednesday's game are monumental.

Win and we strike a near fatal-blow to Burnley and by extension, Watford.

Lose and I think its near to being a nail in the coffin.

I'd expect Burnley to come out all guns blazing. Can we withstand that pressure? Of course, they may also play it cautious, but I really expect them to come at us. If we could survive that initial onslaught, we might get something. They are hardly brimming with confidence themselves.

I'm fearing the worst though, thats my gut feeling.

I feel sick

I had this feeling weeks ago after the Wolves game. It’s long gone now and turned into complete numbness. If we go down we go down and I’m apathetic towards it now. I don’t like any of these players and can’t bring myself to support them and the quicker I can see the back of as many of them as possible the better.

Burnley are a much better defense than us
Watford smashed us and Utd, can put a performance in and have match winners in their squad, looking more organised lately too
Leicester will batter us, now that their defense are back together
Palace did batter us twice, we can't handle them at all
Brentford will be better if they are already safe but they smashed Chelsea at Chelsea and since the last time we scored at the Bridge, Christian Erikson scored there, moved to Italy, died, came back to life, took a break from football, moved back to England and scored there
We are a terrible, terrible team, full of terrible mediocre attitudes that were content to hang around mid table thinking it was a formality but their mediocrity has caught up with them now. Burnley know what they are and imo are favourites on Wednesday.
I can see why fans are concerned, and I am too, but some are quick to label us terrible but at the same time big up other teams below us in the table.

If Burnley are a much better defence than us (conceded 9 less), then that means we have a much better attack than them (we've scored 8 more). Burnley and Watford are below us in the table for a reason. They are both awful teams.

Burnley have only won 3 all season and even if they beat us, which is likely, they'll still struggle to add 2-3 more wins after that. Same with Watford.

We have the home games to try and get about 8-9 points and hope we can get a point or two away. I think 35 points will probably be enough but even if we only manage about 33, there are no guarantees Burnley and Watford will even reach that either.

We may have 1 win in however long. Burnley have 3 in 28. They are a horrendous football team.

I had this feeling weeks ago after the Wolves game. It’s long gone now and turned into complete numbness. If we go down we go down and I’m apathetic towards it now. I don’t like any of these players and can’t bring myself to support them and the quicker I can see the back of as many of them as possible the better.
I wish I felt that. When Everton were doing well, I was going through all sorts of personal problems. Now that my personal life is on track, Everton are letting me down. It's genuinely affecting me too. On my mind every single day. I'm dreading when it finally happens.

All of it, the realisation that our once great club is going to go through it's hardest time. The annoyance of disillusioned fans telling us how it'll all be fine, just like this season. The continual mocking of our club. The players who care leaving and being stuck with those who anger me weekly. There's times when I wish I could walk away from it all, but then I'm asking for spares for Burnley at the same time haha.

It's like having a child and they're a constant disappointment. Continually letting you down in different ways. But you know, no matter what, you can't abandon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.