Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 home games, the only one you’d be confident of getting something out of is Brentford.
I'm not confident about Brentford either. I'm not confident that this team is capable of winning any game but I'm trying to be positive. Crystal Palace are mediocre at best and Leicester are having a bang average season. Obviously the former absolutely destroy us at their place with the motivation of a trip to Wembley and their fans roaring them on (and the latter will almost certainly give us a slap at their place) but if Goodison is bouncing then we stand a chance of nicking some results. Its not much but I refuse to simply just accept that relegation is inevitable. Our toilet team is capable of cobbling together some points in our remaining home games.

Jesus christ. I seen our run in compared to Burnley. If Burnley beat us we are gone. Heck if we draw its very likely we will be relegated. A win and it gives us a chance.

I must admit haven't been paying attention to the run ins. We are bolloxed if we lose on Wednesday.

Run ins are over hyped. We tend to do better against better teams. And if Burnley were beating the so called weaker sides, then they wouldn't be 4 points behind us. That doesn't mean we are going to stay up. And while I do think Burnley will find a few results at some point, there is no guarantee they will.

It's all about who can put a mini run together, find back to back wins from somewhere, and sneak over the line. Opponents don't mean that much. Unless it's City or the reds, then anyone can beat anyone on a given day.

Jesus christ. I seen our run in compared to Burnley. If Burnley beat us we are gone. Heck if we draw its very likely we will be relegated. A win and it gives us a chance.

I must admit haven't been paying attention to the run ins. We are bolloxed if we lose on Wednesday.
I'm worried more about Watford tbh. They still have City and Chelsea away, but they can easily beat us and the rest of their home games are within their reach.

I'm worried more about Watford tbh. They still have City and Chelsea away, but they can easily beat us and the rest of their home games are within their reach.
Agreed. From what I’ve seen from Watford they’ve played very well in defeat to some top sides. If they play like that against us they’ll beat us.

Run ins are over hyped. We tend to do better against better teams. And if Burnley were beating the so called weaker sides, then they wouldn't be 4 points behind us. That doesn't mean we are going to stay up. And while I do think Burnley will find a few results at some point, there is no guarantee they will.

It's all about who can put a mini run together, find back to back wins from somewhere, and sneak over the line. Opponents don't mean that much. Unless it's City or the reds, then anyone can beat anyone on a given day.
Any other moment in our history I would look at a bad run and predict we probably win the hard ones and lose the easy. Get points on the board either way.

Think its different this time. Yes we beat Newcastle there. But leicster, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and arsenal. With Burnleys run in. If they beat us. Even if we do get a surprise win here and there. Its still looking bad.

As much as he's made mistakes, Keane being out for the Burnley game is an absolute disaster. I just can't see Holgate and Godfrey dealing with them aerially at all. We're going to need to score at least twice to get anything.

As much as he's made mistakes, Keane being out for the Burnley game is an absolute disaster. I just can't see Holgate and Godfrey dealing with them aerially at all. We're going to need to score at least twice to get anything.
He might play Branthwaite, his hand might be forced.

The squad is totally diminished.

Mina, Keane, Allan, VdB all out….it’s pretty grim stuff. Hard to go into this game with any optimism.

I'm not confident about Brentford either. I'm not confident that this team is capable of winning any game but I'm trying to be positive. Crystal Palace are mediocre at best and Leicester are having a bang average season. Obviously the former absolutely destroy us at their place with the motivation of a trip to Wembley and their fans roaring them on (and the latter will almost certainly give us a slap at their place) but if Goodison is bouncing then we stand a chance of nicking some results. Its not much but I refuse to simply just accept that relegation is inevitable. Our toilet team is capable of cobbling together some points in our remaining home games.
Brentford are much better now than when we played them in the cup. Eriksen is fantastic and will ruin our midfield.

We badly need a win against Burnley. Maybe a draw would suffice but it's hard to see where the points come from.

Any other moment in our history I would look at a bad run and predict we probably win the hard ones and lose the easy. Get points on the board either way.

Think its different this time. Yes we beat Newcastle there. But leicster, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and arsenal. With Burnleys run in. If they beat us. Even if we do get a surprise win here and there. Its still looking bad.

Wednesday is going to be the most important game of the season. If we lose, then things look very bad. If we avoid defeat then things are very much still in our hands and we will need less points to survive than if Burnley win.

Burnley are a much better defense than us
Watford smashed us and Utd, can put a performance in and have match winners in their squad, looking more organised lately too
Leicester will batter us, now that their defense are back together
Palace did batter us twice, we can't handle them at all
Brentford will be better if they are already safe but they smashed Chelsea at Chelsea and since the last time we scored at the Bridge, Christian Erikson scored there, moved to Italy, died, came back to life, took a break from football, moved back to England and scored there
We are a terrible, terrible team, full of terrible mediocre attitudes that were content to hang around mid table thinking it was a formality but their mediocrity has caught up with them now. Burnley know what they are and imo are favourites on Wednesday.
I got that what's up as well mate, not quite right though is it? Branthwaite scored at Stamford Bridge a couple of months ago..

Brentford are much better now than when we played them in the cup. Eriksen is fantastic and will ruin our midfield.

We badly need a win against Burnley. Maybe a draw would suffice but it's hard to see where the points come from.
We aren't winning away from home. Its not happening. Best we're getting is a 0-0 draw imo. Our survival doesn't come down to if we're better then anyone because we're objectively the worst team in the league based on form. It just comes down to raw passion at Goodison. All we can do is hope is make the place evil during those home games and hope that it puts some fight into the team and puts the fear of God into the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.