Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford and Burnley have winnable games for them playing teams just after euro games as well.

It all adds up to one thing i'm afraid.

Watford and Burnley have winnable games for them playing teams just after euro games as well.

It all adds up to one thing i'm afraid.

Wouldn´t surpise me if Watford win three home games on the trot.
To stay up we need a result that breaks the serve, so to speak, i.e. an away win or a win against one of the big boys at home.

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 1.42.34 pm.png

My face at the moment.

It's actually incredibly sad that I think that if we were safe there'd genuinely be a massive buzz around the club looking toward the summer. Best case scenario we survive but Lampard gets a crystal clear view of how awful this squad is and bombs the lot out. Survive this year, basically reshape the whole squad with young, hungry and hard working players and even aiming for just top half next year whilst building would be exactly what we need as a fanbase and a club.

I'd genuinely take and welcome offers for every single player aside from Pickford and the young lads. Think if we can recoup over £100m or more on the mix of players like Calvert Lewin, Allan, etc. and reinvest on players that Lampard can trust then we'll be just fine. I think he's a very good young coach, especially with younger players, give him the chance and some investment and he'll have us stable at the very least, which is exactly what we need for a few years. We need something we can get behind for more than 18 months before it's changed again and back to square one.

Oh I would absolutely welcome any offers for Pickford.

Only thing that might keep us up is Burnley not winning more points than us but they have some slightly easier games in their run in, flip side is they have only won three games this season.

Playing Everton Wednesday, will be up to four games.
FT 1-0 headed goal 4th minute first corner of the game

It's ironic fans of other clubs laying this on Lampard and revelling in it, when in a league of the board, the players and the recruitment and the manager he is at the bottom when it comes to blame. He's been here a few months he's made a few mistakes he's improved the home form slightly but this squad is the culmination of six years of dysfunction and the root of it comes from the top down. If we go down it's on Moshiri and Kenwright.
Yup. Since Moshiri got here the club has spent 100s of millions on players and wasted the vast majority of it. Not on Lampard

Could actually be safeish by the time we play the RS. Clearly the Burnley game is massive and then Man U and Leicester at home are opportunities. I know on current form it would seem likely we will get beat in all three of those games but stranger things have happened. Alternately, if we do get beat in all three the RS will chant going down and they would be correct

i hope we are safeish by then mate

I’d make Mina play on Weds even if he’s only 60-70% fit. He missed way too many games. Play him Wednesday even if it’s the only game he plays. We need height and strength against Dyche grocks.
He’d be lay down holding his calf or his thigh after about 10 minutes - an all too familiar sight with him, before hobbling off again!

Status
Not open for further replies.