Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could do with beating Burnley as they have the same games in hand as us - they are also the best team below us.

Desperate situation - but there it is.

I'm hoping Keane out is a blessing in disguise as he seems shot mentally.

You do realise a Mina that is “10 days to 2 weeks out” would likely last about 10 minutes before going off injured again. What use is he then?
I'm sure if he realised it was a sh1t or bust game (which it almost is....win and I think we're well on the way to being safe) and his inclusion would make the difference then its a gamble worth taking. No use him coming back when we're mathematically doomed in my opinion.

After the West Ham game?

I doubt very much whether any of the teams below us could have done more than we did against a rested and very good West Ham.

If anything I took heart from that performance. Warts an' all.
Have to disagree. I actually think West Ham weren’t even at the races and were playing at 80%.

We still couldn’t get a result and we are the team supposedly who should be busting a gut trying to change our fortunes.

On paper it’s not a totally awful result as in we didn’t get pasted like we did at Palace. That’s how low the bar has sunk.

But we lost and that will have done nothing to change the mood around the camp, which already looks like a beaten and broken outfit.

I’d make Mina play on Weds even if he’s only 60-70% fit. He missed way too many games. Play him Wednesday even if it’s the only game he plays. We need height and strength against Dyche grocks.
Does it work like this?

Can you play someone if they haven't full recovered and re-joined full training?

Having Mina for 4 or 5 games at the end of the season is more important than playing him on 1 leg versus Burnley.

i keep checking this to see if someone will give me hope - and say shut up matthew we will stay up!

but everybody’s as bad as me lol ;(
Seriously think we will just do enough mate.

Obviously, we just can't afford to lose against Burnley or Watford.

Also think we might just collect an unexpected 3 points from somewhere.

This is what I keep telling myself :D

Very stressful though ?

20220404_164745.jpg

Have to disagree. I actually think West Ham weren’t even at the races and were playing at 80%.

We still couldn’t get a result and we are the team supposedly who should be busting a gut trying to change our fortunes.

On paper it’s not a totally awful result as in we didn’t get pasted like we did at Palace. That’s how low the bar has sunk.

But we lost and that will have done nothing to change the mood around the camp, which already looks like a beaten and broken outfit.
Yep, they were there for the taking. They were cruising and have their minds on Europe. We didn't play badly but we essentially handed them the game on a platter. Should have been at least a point for us. We won't get many more chances like that. Just have to hope the likes of Palace, Leicester and Brentford have their minds on their summer holidays. Burnley and Watford will also be playing middling safe teams as well though.

They played a full strength team and were obviously doing all they could to win. Moyes was going berserk on the line trying to push them on.

There's too much of this stuff: every single thing our players do is rubbish and the opposition weren't playing their best. We all know our players aren;t good enough but there has to be some balance. How on earth do you come to the conclusion that West Ham were at 80% and how can you distinguish them throttling back and Everton not allowing them to be dominant?

Status
Not open for further replies.