Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it for weeks and weeks, we were in trouble if by bottom 3 by April, we had a little chance of breathing space with a win tonight, yet we still do what Everton do best and mess up big time, doing all things Everton like when a team needs a goal, or a plyer etc, its going to be a miracle in reality to stay up, Burnley before tonight probably seen us as a great chance of a win for them, knowing that Everton have hard games, and i am not buying the Home games at Goodison will save us either myself, as we cant defend no matter what

For all of his huff and puff, he’s really not that great mate.

Yes I’m aware he plays for Brazil, but scoring against Venezuela doesn’t make him a world class player.

He’s obviously the best we’ve got, but that’s not really saying much.
I'm not saying he's up there with the very best but he is a Premier League footballer and if he played for someone like Arsenal or Chelsea he'd score more goals, hold down a place in the team and maybe win something or play champions league.

He certainly doesn't deserve to be in the same squad as some of his teammates.

7b5cf7c778cee31f66d6088a5a165db8.png

Its over lets be honest

That's why tonight was a must win. I look at those games and see us picking up maybe 1 or 2 pts.

Relegation would of course feel awful at the time but once that wears off I think there are some positives there. First and foremost the club actually have something to play for again rather than the mediocre existence we’ve grown accustomed to making things more interested for the fans. My god, they might even win something!

Secondly it means the entire squad is ripped to shreds pretty much immediately and the club can then begin a rebuild. This also ties in with the first point ie the fans might actually like the new players.

Lastly the fans will almost certainly make sure the absolute moron who owns the club and the board in general are gone and never allowed to set foot in the city again.

It’s not ideal but it would definitely be more interesting and hopefully more entertaining.

How is it optimism when I'm literally saying we'll be relegated last game of the season ? We'll get a bit of hope just before the last game and the last game will kill us, that's how Everton works
Sos pal miss read the post, hard to read through the tears and blood dripping down my head after smashing the house up!

What will it take for fans to turn on the owners or players though? There’s just nothing that will get fans out of their apathetic slumber. Let’s just blame another manager instead
I think we have turned on the players is only that we have to back them to try and get the results. I hate very songle person at this club the state the have put us in is a disgrace all need to leave. I have never felt so far away from the club

The one thing I would say is that for weeks everyone was saying we’d lose every away game but we could keep ourselves up with the home games. Losing two away games doesn’t change that. Just win the home games.

I mean this with utterly no disrespect but I think that's laughable.
No offence taken I understand completely. I just can't (or don't want to) comprehend the notion that in the games against Leicester, Brentford and Palace for instance we're not going to win. I can't even imagine how ugly the atmosphere would be, so I guess it's more blind hope that I think we can get two wins from those games. Could genuinely see a riot breaking out if we don't get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.