Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to ‘94 and ‘98 we’re fine. Will take some cojones but it’s more than doable. Any under 30s who haven’t seen us win anything, now’s the time to get behind them. Biggest prize is the medium term future of the club.

I certainly remember '94 and '98, however the difference between those sides and today's is the lack of leaders in the current squad and their mental fragility. I honestly can't remember any sports team like this current Everton one who crumble at the first sign of the smallest shred of adversity.

1649278631945.webp

When the emotion is taken out and of course we are all steaming, other than more brainless individual mistakes which is down to the players, our main issue were the full backs tonight. They were dreadful in the final third, couldn't cross a ball, couldn't beat a man and their defending was horrific especially Kenny obviously for the second goal. Stay on your feet and it's an impossible goal to concede.

I think we are down now. We just couldn't afford to lose that game and despite having countless moments to kill it off, poor execution and individual mistakes have cost us again.

Everton relegated.
That's what is going to happen. We won't come back up anytime soon neither, and the stadium is going to be hard to finance. We're done.
Thanks to the board, and the most weak willed, brain dead players ever to pull the Royal blue on.
True. The next Coventry City sadly.

Benitez put us in this position and Frank is not the manager we needed to sort it out.

And the players… how are they not utterly ashamed?

Perfect storm.

We better stay up somehow. Find points from somewhere by a miracle because if we dont this club is in real trouble.

I wonder will the same posters that mocked some of us when we said there was a real danger this club would be relegated last october/November now mock me when I say there is a real danger we wont get back up to the top league for a long long time.

This is not a pessimistic look or view point. It's just reality. The championship is a hard hard league and a club in freefall like ours better cop on soon in all departments or we might be talking next year of relegation down another level from the championship

What it's going to take to stay up mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back