Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
With you on that.
Sleepless nights. Finding the money for next year's season tickets. Moods.
Dealing with family upset at the results.

I'm utterly drained of the club..

With you on that.
Sleepless nights. Finding the money for next year's season tickets. Moods.
Dealing with family upset at the results.

I'm utterly drained of the club..

Same. Trying to find some comfort amongst these pages.

I've said it in other posts but I just want it over with now.

We're gone mate.

We had hold of a strong lifeline to safety (given to us in truth by 2 pens) and had 35 minutes to see it out. This lot dont have the bottle even for that.

The games get harder from here on in.

We are in the Championship next year. No question about it

Tsk....I was expecting a defiant davek Burnley will lose all their games 5-0 in the run in type post!

I think the only glimmer is this.....Leeds have a very hard run in themselves. Still got to play all of Man. City, Arsenal and Chelsea and got Palace away.

They're properly back in it if they lose at Watford on Saturday. Yes that brings Watford properly into the mix but I think that's the result needed on Saturday rather than Leeds winning.

Leeds have worst GD besides Norwich down there and they may only finish on 34-35 points so that's still the chance as illogical as it sounds given still ahead of Burnley and five points off them.

I just look at Burnley's run in and I see them winning 2-3 more games and drawing a couple so I'd be amazed if they don't get to 35 points now.

Rewind back to December. We're in a tailspin, one of our worst runs in recent history under our most unpopular manager ever. Transfer window coming up. Our team is very poor defensively and easy to play through in midfield. We sign Donny van de Beek, Dele Alli and Anwar el Ghazi. All while doing one of the most farcical managerial searches ever seen at this level. Those responsible want catapulting.

After last night I have come to accept relegation is now almost certain. If we can't pick up even a point against a team as poor as Burnley then we have little hope.

If it happens then I can see certain positive aspects all dwarfed by the huge financial hit we will take.
We will lose I expect Pickford,Allan,Godfrey,DCL and Richarlison at least. There may be others who will be given the opportunity to move as well. There should be an enormous drop in wages as a result of these players leaving.

We do have some young players who may now get an opportunity to play some first team Patterson, Dobbin, Onyango, Whitaker,Welch, Mills ,Campbell are the most obvious players that spring to mind.
Ellis Simms as well may have a part to play.

I think we will be shopping in a different market and really we were not doing to well before so that signing a mixture of good young talent and older experienced players who should not be on the crazy wages we are currently paying.

In a way it is a reset for the club because it is so obvious that it has been a basket case of a club for many years now and I am very well aware that we face the risk of not bouncing back immediately to the Premiership.

I think it's time to stop worrying about the negatives and start embracing the positives, because it's coming regardless.

For sure, dropping out of the top flight for first time in most of our lifetimes is embarrassing and disturbing, but we are Evertonians aren't we? Aren't we used to our club embarrassing us by now? If we are still here after the last 30 years then there must me something else keeping us here other than some long lost notion of greatness and that will still be there after relegation.

The club will be in real dire financial straights and it could seriously be threatened with administration, but wouldn't that also mean the end of Moshiri and his dirty money too? And of course finally seeing the back of Blue Bill.

We most probably won't be coming straight back up, and might even drop further down the league's, but who isn't fed up with the bullshit that is Premier League football anyway? No more VAR, no more being last on MOTD, no more Saturday 1230 and 5.30 kick offs, Sunday and Monday night football, no more so called experts talking incessantly about our opponents when we are playing one of the Sky Six.

Getting rid of a whole host of losers and wasters from the squad who are taking huge wages whilst offering nothing. Replacing them with honest professionals who are looking for the chance to shine at this level. No more players out on international duty only to have their heads turned by agents from other clubs or have them slag us off to the national press of their home nation.

No more circling 12 games a season as ones we will be happy to take a point from, going into every match as one we can try and win and most of all no more Merseyside derby, having to spend 90 minutes sharing a platform with those cretins, knowing that no matter how well we play, they will always get away with something that sends us home fuming.

Above all else, just a chance to re-engage with football again as a hobby to be enjoyed rather than a chore to be endured. I am convinced a good proportion of the stuff we all hate about going the match these days is down to the Premier League and all the crap that goes with it. I, like many follow a second team at a much lower level and I still really look forward to their games far more than I do Everton's.

No one is saying it's going to be easy street and not hard to take, but it isn't all doom and gloom either, it's a chance to reset our relationship with Everton and start enjoying them again.
We will be the star show in the championship if we go down. That would mean most if not all our fixtures would be moved for tv. We will see very few 3pm ko times, even less so than now.
Leeds were in the same position a few seasons back, and actually complained to the EFL about it.

Burnley - Played 29 24pts
Norwich A
West Ham A
Southampton H
Wolves H
Watford A
Villa H
Spurs A
Villa A
Newcastle H

Watford Played 30 22pts
Leeds H
Brentford H
City A
Burnley H
Palace A
Everton H
Leicester H
Chelsea A

It looks to me that Burnley wont get another 10pts / 3 wins and a draw. I think Watford would find that hard as well.

So for us if we can, by some miracle pick up 3 wins and a draw I think we'll still be safe.
I genuinely can't see us getting another win. So 3 wins and a draw is beyond a miracle. 10 points? With the run in we have?

to clarify under frank I think we've been more competitive at home even though the away games have been equally disastrous as before his tenure
Yeah I agree. I think the away results have been as bad but slightly better performances but I suppose that doesn’t matter

Burnley's run-in looks on paper to be a good deal less onerous than ours.

But have to see how they react, and they are not set-up to be on the front foot.

Last night was set-up for them, we are like a rabbit in the headlights.

It's a different type of pressure they'll face in other games, but at this point I'd still expect them to get sufficiently more points than us,

I think it's time to stop worrying about the negatives and start embracing the positives, because it's coming regardless.

For sure, dropping out of the top flight for first time in most of our lifetimes is embarrassing and disturbing, but we are Evertonians aren't we? Aren't we used to our club embarrassing us by now? If we are still here after the last 30 years then there must me something else keeping us here other than some long lost notion of greatness and that will still be there after relegation.

The club will be in real dire financial straights and it could seriously be threatened with administration, but wouldn't that also mean the end of Moshiri and his dirty money too? And of course finally seeing the back of Blue Bill.

We most probably won't be coming straight back up, and might even drop further down the league's, but who isn't fed up with the bullshit that is Premier League football anyway? No more VAR, no more being last on MOTD, no more Saturday 1230 and 5.30 kick offs, Sunday and Monday night football, no more so called experts talking incessantly about our opponents when we are playing one of the Sky Six.

Getting rid of a whole host of losers and wasters from the squad who are taking huge wages whilst offering nothing. Replacing them with honest professionals who are looking for the chance to shine at this level. No more players out on international duty only to have their heads turned by agents from other clubs or have them slag us off to the national press of their home nation.

No more circling 12 games a season as ones we will be happy to take a point from, going into every match as one we can try and win and most of all no more Merseyside derby, having to spend 90 minutes sharing a platform with those cretins, knowing that no matter how well we play, they will always get away with something that sends us home fuming.

Above all else, just a chance to re-engage with football again as a hobby to be enjoyed rather than a chore to be endured. I am convinced a good proportion of the stuff we all hate about going the match these days is down to the Premier League and all the crap that goes with it. I, like many follow a second team at a much lower level and I still really look forward to their games far more than I do Everton's.

No one is saying it's going to be easy street and not hard to take, but it isn't all doom and gloom either, it's a chance to reset our relationship with Everton and start enjoying them again.
Brilliant...and Thank You...

We've been in the PL since day 1.
With the millions for the privilege, no club should be near relegation.
Supporters speak about benefits of parachute payments, we will put that to bed ,for sure.

This is the thing, everyone saying i cant see us getting many more points, but you can say the same about the rubbish below us, its not like they are decent
Burnley will get the points against Norwich this weekend, that is us in the bottom 3.....can you see us getting 3 points needed to get us back out again, because I can't

Status
Not open for further replies.