Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments from Dyche should be the basis of every single session Lampard does between now and the end of the season.

These players should know that the perception of them, save a few, to other players and professionals, will be as unprofessional, lacking desire and weak.

9 games to change that perception.

If they cared, they would have stepped up by now. It's now too late to expect anything.

From the outside we're a team 'on paper' that's at best top half at worse midtable. We seemingly an owner whose invested, a new ground on the horizon, & passionate supporters. Its a 'good challenge' all the lads need is confidence, new system, new faces, any other cliche.

Few weeks in it then becomes apparent we're a squad of unprofessional cowards alongside a completely dysfunctional boardroom

Least we forgot 'what would Everton do'- It's all about image.
Keeping up the semblance that everything's smelling of roses, snippets of 'good news', spineless club 'ambassadors', all whilst overseeing a complete mismanagement of the club top to bottom.

In Lampard's case Palace seemed like final straw*, but ultimately he can do very little to 'fix' the issues - they're deep rooted. Any manager needs time to literally 'rip it up', until they're given time the same cowards will repeat the cycle of downing tools when they see fit.
The owner will continue to appease them [and at times the fans] basically vindicating himself and the squad from direct blame.

No one is expecting people to call out there boss, but ultimately being a nodding dog hasn't merely placated the issues.
Safe to say the deep set malaise this club has become set it before Moshiri [we didn't push on, we've sat back content with 'best of rest' whilst others caught and overtook] its only been compounded by him.

Ran like a circus, perform like a circus
To reaffirm a point, no manager fixes us, stop giving excuses for the systemic failings.

*'Play The Kids' - The only time we've really fast-tracked youth into the first team was under Roberto's 1st season. The environment was positive, it was an easy choice to make. Since then its been multiple years, multiple managers, multiple directions the academy has been pushed/pulled in, the kids themselves don't really stand a chance.

I am already preparing myself mentally for the drop. Obviously, I am hoping Kenny, Holgate and the rest will come good
but that is unlikely. This team and management is a threat for anyone's mental health and emotional well-being. I, for example,
was moody and unenergetic all morning.

I remember decades ago as a kid on a train back from Kings Cross and a defeat at Arsenal going to see our players in their
car and was amazed to see them laughing and playing cards.

Its so draining emotionally knowing that even with two soft penalties the team could not grab a draw against Burnley.

You start off saying "never give up hope" amd finish with "just delaying the inevitable"...full 180 there ?
Lol, I'm on about a season though, the plan is in the summer to address problems on why the struggle hoping not to repeat it following season, West Brom will never have funds or backing to survive in Prem. Everton have funds but can't probably spend them

Hi chaps. Spurs fan here in peace, hope you don't mind.

Had a good read through this thread today as was curious to see how the fans are feeling about the current situation, alarmingly it looks as though many are already resigned to the drop. Really hope it doesn't happen, there's a lot of Spurs fans rooting for you boys right now (and lots who aren't, I'm sure!)

A lot of us have always seen Spurs and Everton as similar beasts - entertaining teams, great players, perennial underachievers in the PL era, with gobby and obnoxious neighbours. Please don't disappear and leave us to it on our own ffs.

Interested to see your guys' theories on the solutions from here, because from the outside in, it would seem that cutting the manager right now is the obvious one. Sure there's deeper issues in terms of the club leadership and the players' mentality which are longer-term fixes but at this point you just need someone who can grind out a string of grubby wins and draws to the end of May. The right manager is key because they can make really average, uninterested players look vaguely competent on their day, as we're seeing ourselves with Conte right now making Davies and Doherty look a bit like professional footballers.

On paper you're far too good to go down, which I guess makes things worse in a way, because it's not that the players aren't capable of playing, they just don't seem to care enough. I was surprised at us putting 5 past you last month, because aside from a couple of passages of play we weren't that good, your defence just didn't seem to want to get involved.

I've seen a few guys on here saying that maybe a season in the Championship will do you good but I don't buy that myself. Hopefully you'll escape the drop and this close shave will be enough of a scare to inspire the big big changes that are needed at the club.

Wishing you the best, it ain't over til it's over.

ps Sorry about Dele Alli, I promise he didn't used to be crap. His fall from grace honestly breaks my heart.

Hi chaps. Spurs fan here in peace, hope you don't mind.

Had a good read through this thread today as was curious to see how the fans are feeling about the current situation, alarmingly it looks as though many are already resigned to the drop. Really hope it doesn't happen, there's a lot of Spurs fans rooting for you boys right now (and lots who aren't, I'm sure!)

A lot of us have always seen Spurs and Everton as similar beasts - entertaining teams, great players, perennial underachievers in the PL era, with gobby and obnoxious neighbours. Please don't disappear and leave us to it on our own ffs.

Interested to see your guys' theories on the solutions from here, because from the outside in, it would seem that cutting the manager right now is the obvious one. Sure there's deeper issues in terms of the club leadership and the players' mentality which are longer-term fixes but at this point you just need someone who can grind out a string of grubby wins and draws to the end of May. The right manager is key because they can make really average, uninterested players look vaguely competent on their day, as we're seeing ourselves with Conte right now making Davies and Doherty look a bit like professional footballers.

On paper you're far too good to go down, which I guess makes things worse in a way, because it's not that the players aren't capable of playing, they just don't seem to care enough. I was surprised at us putting 5 past you last month, because aside from a couple of passages of play we weren't that good, your defence just didn't seem to want to get involved.

I've seen a few guys on here saying that maybe a season in the Championship will do you good but I don't buy that myself. Hopefully you'll escape the drop and this close shave will be enough of a scare to inspire the big big changes that are needed at the club.

Wishing you the best, it ain't over til it's over.

ps Sorry about Dele Alli, I promise he didn't used to be crap. His fall from grace honestly breaks my heart.

“no team” on paper or not is to good to go down”

bye bye efc and i bet loads will love it

There's not a chance in hell we would come right back up next season. The championship requires, at the very least, effort and desire. With this group? You having a laugh?

22 of 82 teams relegated between 1992-93 and 2018-19 returned to the Premier League after just one season.

some stats on here for those who care to look, can't believe how long it's been since some teams went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.