Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
And THAT is the concerning thing.

If we cant get points from a Villa team - who arern't all that - with "Dunc" in the dugout...who these players "will" play for, we are right in the dogfight.
They definitely played for the manager and the club today. They did run. They did try. That's not the problem.

Been saying it for a while now, I am worried we waited too long to sack Benitez. We are in a relegation battle for sure. We've become accustomed to losing and forgotten how to win. I really hope we haven't left it too late. We have got to get a centre midfielder in who is not terrified of the ball and has some power and pace. It really doesn't matter if it's on loan or permanent, we have to have some quality in centre mid or we are gone.

There's no excuse for it really, we should have had enough points on the board by now to be unconcerned about relegation, but, things have been allowed to slide under Benitez and we are where we are. Well done agent Benitez, you have really fecked us up.
Thing for me mate is this: Villa are bang average. We had a stadium buzzing and the players all focussed...and we looked clueless apart for once or twice.

This is beyond doubt a time of real concern.
Even last night I was saying it wasn't a relegation season - based on the view we'd have players back and we'd get a bump from a new man in the dugout.

That optimism has been steamrollered.

Calm heads, we are not going down, I get that it is concerning though. We will have a new manager by the end of the international break, if not before. We can easily achieve enough points to stay clear of the bottom three. it does help that they are worse than us.

Most of the time Teams dont go down in one season. It takes a period of time. Usually 3 or so seasons. Badly managed and poorly run clubs. I would have been a glass half full supporter for last number of years seeing the poor recruitment and standard of player we have in our squad. This team is poor. Character wise and quality. Holgate, kenny, keane, davis, iwobi, coleman (3 years) , Gomes since injury, delph, soggy, to name a few are all as I would call bang average footballers at best (some of them are utterly woeful.

Ferguson will keep us up. Leave him there until summer. If we bring in a new manager those cack players will being us down. 100%

To those who have been saying no chance of relegation I actually wonder what planet ye have been on for last number of years.Ye keep saying there are 3 worse teams. No there is not. We are as bad as them.

Status
Not open for further replies.