Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be feeling a bit better about this after this weekends results.
We didn't realistically think we could get anything at West Ham, and every team down there did worse then us, apart from Leeds, who got one point but they are only 5 points head of use with 3 games in hand.
At least we only went down by one goal, yes it sacked but no damage was really added to our plight

My first ever away game was Burnley away 1969/70 a massive game on the title run in. The game on Wednesday is probably a bigger game as this time we can't afford to lose.
I won't be there on Wednesday as I have just been diagnosed with Prostate cancer which is a bit of a bummer but you know what occupies my mind when I wake up at night ? Not worrying about the cancer no it's this gang of soft shites getting my team relegated.
On a happier note we won 2-1 in 1970 as I am sure you know.
Remember that well mate was at a few games there in the 60s.
Sending you all the best for a full recovery...take care??

We should be feeling a bit better about this after this weekends results.
We didn't realistically think we could get anything at West Ham, and every team down there did worse then us, apart from Leeds, who got one point but they are only 5 points head of use with 3 games in hand.
At least we only went down by one goal, yes it sacked but no damage was really added to our plight
Yep. Nothing disastrous happened this weekend but another ‘free hit’ wasted.

It’s now when things start to heat up - this Burnley game is excruciatingly huge.

City fan in peace always had a soft spot for you as my first ever game as a 17 year old was the 81 Cup game at your place still have the nightmares now lol. Really do feel that you must not lose to Burnley Wednesday night they really look a poor team. No doubt you will sell out your get behind them as they need it.

Can’t see us winning another game this season. The players have lost their heads as well when the going gets tough. Three sent off in the last three games. Can’t continue to do this.

Can’t see us winning another game this season. The players have lost their heads as well when the going gets tough. Three sent off in the last three games. Can’t continue to do this.

I also can't see where the next three points are. I've watched enough this season to come to the conclusion that there is no style of play except play it out from the back and pump crosses into the box if the chance arises.
We scored a goal today which was a positive but we need more than that, we got a slice of luck with Holgate's shot and I'll take that. The attacking players aren't performing, Richarlison can't stay onside or on his feet and Dom is really non-existent. Burnley or Watford don't have much to offer either but under Dyche and Hodgson they would be a lot better organised and all know what their job on the pitch is. Lampard has not identified that yet and a lot of players seem lost. A lot of us are more hopeful of winning at home but aside from Brentford, I don't see a win in any of the other home games.

Burnley are rubbish, Watford aren’t much better.

Leicester. Palace. Brentford at home - there’s at least 7 points there.

If we can’t get get something from those two games in particular then there’s no excuses for these players and manager , we’d deserve to go down and I’d make my peace with it.

My honest opinion is that they didn't make up for the rest of his game. Being our main pen taker helped pad his stats too
He was technically our best player irrespective of if you like him or not. To suggest we haven’t missed him is plain daft. He could pass better with his eyes shut and his boots tied together than the current bunch

Winner on Wednesday night stays up I reckon. Its that simple for me. Can't even bare to think about getting beat or it ending in a draw.
They've got a much easier run in than us. As have Watford.
In reality none of the three teams have an easier run in. It wouldn’t matter if they were all playing Scunthorpe Reserves every week - us, Burnley and Watford are crap whoever we play. We’ve just got to be less crap than them.

Watching MOTD, goal of the month, we weren't involved, firstly we don't score goals and secondly the goals against us are always so simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.