Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart says we are staying up and all those bedwetters will feel stupid when the players , manager and board are all proved right.
But my brain says we are going down and it will be sorted way before the last game.

Just about staying up doesn't prove that the board is right about anything. The position we are in only demonstrates their incompetence.

My heart says we are staying up and all those bedwetters will feel stupid when the players , manager and board are all proved right.
But my brain says we are going down and it will be sorted way before the last game.

Would be a little surprised if we are not within 3 points of Burnley or Leeds going into the last game but given we have the tougher fixture we needed to have it resolved before the last game. Odds feel against us at this stage

Can someone PLEASE do a post where they list our fixtures vs the teams around us and how many points each team will amass in each fixture? Thanks.

I need my fix.

No need mate, Burnley have won the league and are playing in the Champions League next season.

Sales of Stone Island parkas have gone through the roof all over Europe.

I see our next 2 opponents are at full strength again…even Vardy is back for Leicester,… just things like this give me a real bad feeling!
I would say Leicester wont go full strength v us, based on how they went v the Toon last week (just before us at Goodison), but they may have gone the way they did v the toon with having another game after that sunday v us,,, though Leicester play Norwich the Thursday after our away game there, so will they go full strength v Roma and v us and rest players v Norwich

I think we have left ourselves with too much to do, added that the teams around us have hit form. So to me I think we will be going down. I’m obviously very upset and angry over this.

But then I look at the fixtures tonight. Rangers dropped down a few divisions and practically folded as a club. Now playing in a European Semi final.

Same with West Ham. I suppose what I’m saying is yes it will hurt, but it’s not the end of the world and we will come back, maybe even stronger. Or maybe I’m just clutching at straws..

I’m sick of people saying it. This what we face now is a relegation battle. Like 94 and 98. That season under Alladyce was a bad run of form and we were safe before Christmas in the end. Some of our fan base fall for the false narratives peddled by the scab 6 media time and time again.
Yeah they STILL claim we where in the bottom 3 when Infact we where 13th

That’s the bottom line.

Given the way we flew up the league on Allardyce’s watch I thought it was harsh to sack the guy. We were firmly ensconced in the bottom half when he came in. I know he wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I’d have given him the first few months of the next season to see how he got on. We certainly be in this position now had we kept him in the long-term.
13-9 is not flying up the league after 1 game. Then sat in 9th till the final 2 games of the season when Leicester where on the beach..Stop rewriting history

If they beat Watford and get another result or two they'll be on 36-38 points. 2 wins and draw sees them on 38 pts. Not sure why you think they won't get that when the season is over for the teams they play bar Spurs who are fighting top 4 and Watford who are fighting to survive. Villa will beat Norwich for 40pts and once safe Gerrard will happily gift Burnley 6 points at our expense. Newcastle is Burnleys last game of the season and they're safe now thanks to Howe thus they will have nothing to play for come the final day.

From Watford, Villa x 2 and Newcastle last day of the season that's an easy 7-9 points for them. So we need to somehow pickup 10+ pts ourselves from our 18 available pts.
Which puts them above Villa…Stop counting Villa out

Status
Not open for further replies.