Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also have Arsenal and Chelsea and could easily lose both. The difference is that they play a very weakened Chelsea team missing 8-11 first team players.

You are right at the end though. It is down to us. At the start of this season, we would have looked at this set of fixtures and predicted 10-12 points. That might actually be what is required to keep us in the EPL.

However, based on our recent performances, it is likely we will only pick up 6-8 points and sadly, that will not be enough. We need a big change in form like we have seen from Burnley and Leeds recently.
We do have Arsenal and Chelsea, and that could be our hope, beating one of them. Chelsea today I hope.

If I am honest, I think we are gone. But until it is certain we just have to hope things go our way.

I’m an optimist usually and always thought we’d turn it around, but just can’t see us winning today or getting out of it.

I’m resigned to going down now. I just hope it means that whole board are dismissed and either Moshiri sells up or gets himself a professional board, not the parish councillors who sit on it at the moment.

We also have Arsenal and Chelsea and could easily lose both. The difference is that they play a very weakened Chelsea team missing 8-11 first team players.

You are right at the end though. It is down to us. At the start of this season, we would have looked at this set of fixtures and predicted 10-12 points. That might actually be what is required to keep us in the EPL.

However, based on our recent performances, it is likely we will only pick up 6-8 points and sadly, that will not be enough. We need a big change in form like we have seen from Burnley and Leeds recently.

We also play at a relegated Watford. and have 3 games at a fired up Goodison.

Looks depressing doesn’t it?
It is so precarious now. Although technically it is still in our own hands the reality is we are reliant on one of these 2 teams imploding and not winning another game
Most these from a couple weeks ago.

I'm doing this in the hope Leeds lose 4 and draw 1 of there next 4 games so i can happily have egg on my chubby chase.
lol I can’t believe how wrong I was

I think they could struggle to win one of their remaining four.

Arsenal away- going for top 4 and Spurs will win some games so seems like a probable defeat.

Chelsea home- difficult to call. No idea who's idea was to place that 3 days before cup final but means no chance Chelsea will put out their strongest 11. Still with all the history will be lively so I'll go for a draw.

Brighton home- Obviously the game they'll go all in for the three points. As shown yesterday Brighton are a decent team and have picked up some great away wins so with freedom they'll create chances so that's nowhere near a gimme like Norwich at home would be.

Brentford away- Nothing to play for but in incredible form and the chance to relegate Leeds would certainly motivate them.

I actually think there's a decent chance they'll only be on 35-36 points going into final game so surely could at least get close to them and take it to final day whereas I think now Burnley with their momentum are over the hill and gone so no point really looking at their games much.
We need to win one of the next two and then 2 wins and a draw out of Watford, Brentford and Palace. There is little evidence this season to suggest we have that in us. Leeds will win either the Chelsea game or Brighton so will be on 37/38 points going into the final game. I think Burnley will be on similar. If we go into the last week within 2 points of both Leeds and Burnley I would take that at this stage. Chances are Arsenals CL fate will be decided one way or another by then and the odds are that one of the two teams will slip up last day giving us a chance. The dream of this being decided in our favour before the last day is over.

I’m an optimist usually and always thought we’d turn it around, but just can’t see us winning today or getting out of it.

I’m resigned to going down now. I just hope it means that whole board are dismissed and either Moshiri sells up or gets himself a professional board, not the parish councillors who sit on it at the moment.
I feel the same, I just hope we can pull a result off today but I’m not confident one bit

Last six games

Everton W2 D1 L3 7/18 points
Leeds W3 D2 L1 11/18 points
Burnley W4 D1 L1 13/18 points

If Leeds keep playing as they have, they will get more points on the board. No way do they lose all of the last four. The only defeat they have in the last six games is against Man City. Both Leeds and Burnley are playing very well under new managers.

We really need to step things up very quickly. Hopefully starting with a win today.

They actualy played quite well yesterday against city.

As much as i hate to admit it. We're the worst of the 3. We have no natural striker slotting goals and a very pedestrian midfield.
There's a possibility we wont get out of the bottom 3 now at all. Id put all my eggs in one basket with Burnley. Sacking dyche has done the job for them sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.