Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paying fees like this does seem to defeat the object of acquiring Brands, but then I suppose it's entirely possible that Silva has made the case that, at just 21, Richarlison could yet go on to be worth more than £50m.

I was impressed with him at Goodison last season, and I do think that Watford ran him into the ground, hence the severe drop-off in his performances. Somewhat underwhelming, but nothing like how I felt about the Bolasie and Keane deals.

Anyone get the feeling this is a case of “the window shuts soon, we’ve bought no-one, let’s just get someone in?”

I mean, £50m? For a player who was dropped at times for poor form, who hasn’t scored since November. Wow.

Like Stones, Lukaku, Coleman, Holgate, Lookman, DCL etc?

We do our fair share of that as well.

Yes exactly like those, though I'm not keen on selling Lookman right now considering his value could double with a good season. DCL? He's a championship striker for me. The other four though are the exact type of signings we should be attempting every season, I know that would be difficult to maintain but there are certainly clubs out there who are shrewd in the market every year. Roma for example this year have turned an 8m Alisson in to Kluivert, Schick, Pastore and Cristante (immense against us).

I want us to be extracting maximum value out of our deals, I don't want us to be paying out the nose for potential. When it comes to Richarlison we'll have to back the manager, he's obviously seen something special. I guess a bit like me though a fair few on here are scarred by what happened last summer and don't want a repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back