Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll all be whinging for him to go back up top once you see np pace Tosun lumbering around the pitch next saturday.

He's not great up top but better at present than tweedle dee and tweedle dum

Can somebody explain what exactly he is doing wrong? He created a bunch of chances and he was in good areas if we could have found him with the crosses. He held on to the ball and was a threat going at the center backs. What else are we looking for?

Can somebody explain what exactly he is doing wrong? He created a bunch of chances and he was in good areas if we could have found him with the crosses. He held on to the ball and was a threat going at the center backs. What else are we looking for?
He can't really hold a big CB and still receive a ball. Just doesn't seem to get in the best spots for me at least to receive the ball. He's not awful, but he's just soooo good on the outside.

He can't really hold a big CB and still receive a ball. Just doesn't seem to get in the best spots for me at least to receive the ball. He's not awful, but he's just soooo good on the outside.
When he's on the left he plays like a wide striker. He goes inside and tries to find space to score. Right now we don't have a decent normal striker so we are asking him to move centrally and still play more or less the same game. So my point is I don't think it is impacting his game.

Tosun was doing all that and getting involved but was fiercely criticized for not getting goals/on the end of chances. Meanwhile Richy was doing bits on the wing.

Now Richy is just doing what Tosun was but there's no Richy on the wing.

For me he just isn't a striker, he gets himself about a bit and can play but he can't hold up the ball and fight for it like a proper striker should imo

Tosun was doing all that and getting involved but was fiercely criticized for not getting goals/on the end of chances. Meanwhile Richy was doing bits on the wing.

Now Richy is just doing what Tosun was but there's no Richy on the wing.

For me he just isn't a striker, he gets himself about a bit and can play but he can't hold up the ball and fight for it like a proper striker should imo
I agree I thought Tosun was doing alright as well but I don't think he can run at players like Richarlison so I'd rather have him up there. As good as Richie had been he hasn't been creating for others that much. That's less of an issue up top.

I agree I thought Tosun was doing alright as well but I don't think he can run at players like Richarlison so I'd rather have him up there. As good as Richie had been he hasn't been creating for others that much. That's less of an issue up top.
Ay he can definitely run at players but that's exactly what he's been doing, even when it's looked like he's free and on goal he's found a way to run directly into the players in front of him. Obviously it's easy to do that when 3-4 players are closing down on you, but still, his game is quite selfish and isn't suiting him upfront in my opinion

Ay he can definitely run at players but that's exactly what he's been doing, even when it's looked like he's free and on goal he's found a way to run directly into the players in front of him. Obviously it's easy to do that when 3-4 players are closing down on you, but still, his game is quite selfish and isn't suiting him upfront in my opinion
If anything a selfish style of play is less suited to the wing. He also is quite inaccurate passing the ball which is easier to hide up top.

Richy just isnt ready to be a CF. He does not hold up the ball as well as Tosun and isnt strong enough on it. Have we scored yet without Tosun on the pitch?

I think we need to go back to Tosun up top, and Richy on the wing, and let Walcott and Bernard fight it out for the other wing spot. I get it, theres the THEORY that because Richy is faster he can run at players in a way Tosun cant. But theories dont matter in the real world, and the real world right now is showing us he doesnt end up getting to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back