Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
His biggest learning curve will be at home against deep sitting sides like Palace. There's no space to wreak havoc so he has to be a better target man.

Away from home and ESPECIALLY against Utd and Liverpool he has to play up front.

He didn’t even play that badly and all of a sudden he’s had a poor game? He’s a constant threat all the time and leads the press really well, holds it up well, challenges well in the air. I’m not sure what more we can ask for if he’s not scored.

The way we play under Silva we may not see a lot of goals from the central striker. He’s often pulling defenders out of position allowing the wide players or Siggurdson to take up good positions or run in behind. We don’t play the type of game that will give him chance after chance in loads of space.

Keane and Zouma offer little from set pieces. We have a massive threat in Mina sat on the bench every week, he's the sort of player you need in these tight encounters to perhaps be the difference.

Get him in the side.

I agree. Would be a risk but Keane and Zouma seem to need 20 chances to score a goal.

Not sure Silva would take that chance as Keane and Zouma have been solid defensively but I wouldn't be surprised if Mina is involved in the match at some point.

Some of you don’t know much about football. Just because he didn’t score, doesn’t mean he had a poor game!

Was constantly coming to look for the ball, dribbling positively and bringing other players in. He passed to lookman before the assist and won key fouls.

He passed to lookman because he had his back to goal and lierally 18 players in a 18 yard space between him and the goal. I’m not skating richy but he constantly holds on to the ball to long and tries to do everything himself, if he plays like that we offers so much more on the wing as he’s facing goal with acres of space behind the defender to attack

Still think he's not a striker. Really frustrating to watch him play what looks so uncomfortable compared to his performances on the wing.

I think he's better through the middle personally. He tends to be wasteful out wide. You can get away with that more up top. His best attributes are more geared to scoring than creating. For example he had a good shot today when running at the backline but has he put in a decent cross yet when running in at the fullback? I don't mean it as an insult I just think goal scoring suits him better. I know this isn't a popular opinion.

He's not a striker. Put him back on the wing. Offers much more out wide.

It's his decision making that often seems to let him down. Hopefully that's something he'll improve with experience. You have to hope that his nice words about Silva when he joined means he's a bloke who wants to work hard on his game.

As an attack at the moment, you can see the potential, but it hasn't quite clicked yet. Still early days though and hopefully they'll get better as they understand each other more.

He played well, he created the Bernard chance and had another one for Walcott. Walcott had 2 chances to put him through. I agree hes better at the wing but todays game wasnt an example of him not working at 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back