Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything a selfish style of play is less suited to the wing. He also is quite inaccurate passing the ball which is easier to hide up top.
I understand that first bit but in the same breath it provides us with a direct threat from the wing.

Each game he's played on the wing he's influenced the game far more in my eyes, popping shots, cutting inside, whipping In crosses etc. Up front he's anonymous bar a moment or two where he's able to shine. Those moments are far more frequent when he plays on the wing.

I thought he played well up front yesterday, 2 great passes which should have been assists to Bernard and Coleman won the pen which should have seen Smalling walk and got in some good positions that with better delivery from Walcott mainly would have got on the scoresheet.

i like him upfront for away games but would start cenk or DCL at home on Saturday, but wouldn't drop Bernard, would drop Walcott but think lookman deserves a start, so be a tough pick for silva that

I thought he played well up front yesterday, 2 great passes which should have been assists to Bernard and Coleman won the pen which should have seen Smalling walk and got in some good positions that with better delivery from Walcott mainly would have got on the scoresheet.

I think this is fair. It's clear it's not his natural position but he's done enough to affect the result of the game there. Better finishing from Bernard & Coleman and he's been directly invovled in 3 goals. It does seem more laborious watching him play down the middle but he's having a fair crack at it and is still the most effective of the front 3 in my opinion.

When playing Bernard - Richy - Walcott I would like to see more movement between the three - at times it seems a bit static and quite easy to defend agianst due to the distance between them. Could we see Richarlson pulling out left with Bernard dropping in between the lines, or Walcott coming central as Richy pushes wide right? It's still early days as they have only played together a handful of times, but as the season goes on and the udnerstanding increases hopefully we can see more of this as it is much more difficult to defend against when done well.

Against Brighton at home I'd like to see Richy - Tosun - Lookman starting with Bernard and Walcott ready to make an impact oft the bench. Of the last 3 goals we've scored, Tosun, Lookman & Richarlson have all been directly invovled so if we are trying to foster competition in the squad then I think they deserve a chance off the back of this, particularly as Walcott & Bernard didn't have their best games against United.

Needs to go back outwide with Tosun up front. Tosun is still our best finisher imo. The only issue is he can’t keep up with the play on the break as Richarlason and Walcott are too pacey for him.
But I’d still put him outwide cutting in.

I think he's better through the middle personally. He tends to be wasteful out wide. You can get away with that more up top. His best attributes are more geared to scoring than creating. For example he had a good shot today when running at the backline but has he put in a decent cross yet when running in at the fullback? I don't mean it as an insult I just think goal scoring suits him better. I know this isn't a popular opinion.

Wasteful out wide? He scored 3 of his 4 goals there. He was also our best player by a mile until he switched and now looks uncomfortable and hasn’t put in any “ decent “ performances compared to his games on the wing

Put him at left wing, Bernard in the middle, Lookman on the right, and have siggy and Gomez in the centre. It leaves us more open, but it also gives teams more to worry about. Play Tosun at home and DCL away (for his pace).

Put him at left wing, Bernard in the middle, Lookman on the right, and have siggy and Gomez in the centre. It leaves us more open, but it also gives teams more to worry about. Play Tosun at home and DCL away (for his pace).

could be an option for home games, but we good teams would tear through that midfield if we didn't have a gana type in there

Wasteful out wide? He scored 3 of his 4 goals there. He was also our best player by a mile until he switched and now looks uncomfortable and hasn’t put in any “ decent “ performances compared to his games on the wing
He was very good against Leicester at centre forward scored got fouled constantly was responsible for them being down to 10 men.

He also occupies the centre halfs even when appearing to not play well as he is such a handful.

He was very good against Leicester at centre forward scored got fouled constantly was responsible for them being down to 10 men.

That’s true but when he was on the wing he ripped wolves, saints to shreds. He also looked dangerous at arsenal and got 3 efforts at goal. He gets bums off seats when he picks the ball up facing his man, he looks uncomfortable and starved up front. This causes him to get frustrated and when he does get it he doesn’t release the ball when he should and tries to play his game which is dribbling , this has a negative effect on his production and on the team in General. I’m not saying he’s crap and he’s aurguably our best option up there, but , I think Tuson with richy on the wing is better than anyone LM and richy up front, he literally was ripping teams apart when he played there.

He also occupies the centre halfs even when appearing to not play well as he is such a handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back