Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a completely fair assessment of his abilities and the reason he's got himself into the team so quickly. Unfortunately if he doesn't find the finishing part it will find him out of the team as well. Unlike a fair few on here I like the guy so hopefully he can figure it out.

His finishing isn't a problem for me. the more worrying part of his game is that he doesn't seem to get may chances. Understandable I suppose as he has mainly been played out wide more in his time with us. It's not like he is missing sitters every game though.

His finishing isn't a problem for me. the more worrying part of his game is that he doesn't seem to get may chances. Understandable I suppose as he has mainly been played out wide more in his time with us. It's not like he is missing sitters every game though.
You're right I probably should have said his goal scoring ability isn't the best. He does take a reasonable amount of chances but doesn't create enough shots to score consistently.

Why would we completely change what we have been doing when we haven't played poorly doing it a single time? That's the kind of thing that will get us beat. Richarlison will stay up top in a 4231 because he's our best goal scorer and he's also not actually been much of a creator so far and the only changes from the last two weeks are possibly bringing Zouma in for added pace and putting Lookman in for one of the wingers. Unfortunately one of the CBs has to sit each week which stinks because they're all pretty good but the best system for us is not one that plays 3 CBs.

Maybe mate. I just think he might look at it.

I have no problem if he sticks with what has been working, but against a front three that thrives on getting in the spaces between the cb's and fb's, than perhaps having three CBs will negate that.

It's an option for us, because we now have the personnel to play that system.

Your first 6 words tell us everything..

We need a ruthless finisher. Not an apprentice

But we do not create chances for a finisher to finish. It's not like we are playing the ball into the middle all the time and the striker is missing. Richarlison looks like he could be pretty ruthless but again it's not like he is missing chances when playing in the middle either.

But we do not create chances for a finisher to finish. It's not like we are playing the ball into the middle all the time and the striker is missing. Richarlison looks like he could be pretty ruthless but again it's not like he is missing chances when playing in the middle either.
Were not playing those balls cos there's no one there to look for!

Put a decent striker there, with power and movement, then Walcot, sigy and Rico would all benefit from it

Your first 6 words tell us everything..

We need a ruthless finisher. Not an apprentice

We don't have any ruthless finishers at the moment so for the Derby we need to look at who will give them most problems. I think that will be Richarlison running at there right back whichever way they go Gomez or TAA and DCL through the middle causing a nuisance with his pace and strength. Hopefully if we get one good chance it falls to the in form Sigurdsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back