Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefer Richarlison out wide he is far more dangerous running at people opposed to play with his back towards goal...
DCL to play Centre forward with his pace,strength & aerial ability will be more of a nuisance than Tosun...

Hope we play this in the derby....

Yes he has them all in abundance, would be ideal for counter attack play...

Walcott,Richarlison & DCL all have pace & would be a constant threat...

I like DCL, and agree with you that he brings those to the table.

But, we saw against Arsenal that when the chance came his way he didn't take it. And we can't have that in the derby

I see no reason not to stick with Richarlison there.

I can see us going with a or 3-4-2-1 with Gylfi and one of Bernard/Walcott/Lookman flanking Richarlison.

Yes he has them all in abundance, would be ideal for counter attack play...

Walcott,Richarlison & DCL all have pace & would be a constant threat...

So does Bernard, Richarlison, and Walcott.

Come on, man, DCL doesn't have the quality to slot against that team on the counter. I hope he develops it as the raw skills are there.

THAT BEING SAID, Richarlison as a wide option in the air is valuable as an outlet when they pressure.

But, we saw against Arsenal that when the chance came his way he didn't take it. And we can't have that in the derby

I can see us going with a or 3-4-2-1 with Gylfi and one of Bernard/Walcott/Lookman flanking Richarlison.

Yes his finishing needs working on, but he is good in the air which is what we are lacking ATM...

He adds that extra difference to what else we have...

So does Bernard, Richarlison, and Walcott.

Come on, man, DCL doesn't have the quality to slot against that team on the counter. I hope he develops it as the raw skills are there.

THAT BEING SAID, Richarlison as a wide option in the air is valuable as an outlet when they pressure.

He was good enough last season when he earned us a pen....

DCL?

Pace, strength AND aerial ability?

lollollollollollollol
Calvert-Lewin’s major weakness is his lack of ruthlessness and composure in front of goal, but the physical side of his game is very decent, he’s obviously quite quick, quite a big lad and got an impressive leap on him - odd that you find it laughable that someone highlighted those attributes as positive aspects of his game.

Calvert-Lewin’s major weakness is his lack of ruthlessness and composure in front of goal, but the physical side of his game is very decent, he’s obviously quite quick, quite a big lad and got an impressive leap on him - odd that you find it laughable that someone highlighted those attributes as positive aspects of his game.

Mate he's absolutely unadulterated turbo gash lol

Agree with this, if he was infront of goal I expect him to go full jigsaw, but the other aspects of his game, whilst still a little raw and need work, are quite decent.

Why would we completely change what we have been doing when we haven't played poorly doing it a single time? That's the kind of thing that will get us beat. Richarlison will stay up top in a 4231 because he's our best goal scorer and he's also not actually been much of a creator so far and the only changes from the last two weeks are possibly bringing Zouma in for added pace and putting Lookman in for one of the wingers. Unfortunately one of the CBs has to sit each week which stinks because they're all pretty good but the best system for us is not one that plays 3 CBs.

This is a completely fair assessment of his abilities and the reason he's got himself into the team so quickly. Unfortunately if he doesn't find the finishing part it will find him out of the team as well. Unlike a fair few on here I like the guy so hopefully he can figure it out.

This is a completely fair assessment of his abilities and the reason he's got himself into the team so quickly. Unfortunately if he doesn't find the finishing part it will find him out of the team as well. Unlike a fair few on here I like the guy so hopefully he can figure it out.
Of course, and like many younger, talented players with strong physical attributes, he has moments for sure. But just because he gets his head on balls, doesn't mean he has the quality to do much with them (balls!). Just because he can go by someone and/or knock them over, doesn't mean it results in anything.

I too would stick with Richarlison as we have been in good form with him there.

To be fair to DCL though he has made things happen in the past couple of derbies. They don't seem to like facing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back