Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a three-match ban.

We won't appeal it because it won't get rescinded (even though it's a nothing incident). It wouldn't have happened to a big six team.

He misses Rotherham, Huddersfield and West Ham.

For me Richarlison got a red and deserved it, but what got my goat up was the fact that Smith literally goaded him into it.
Lesson to be learned for the lad there.
Smith actually turned away from Richarlison hands on his face and got himself and a few of his teammates into the referee claiming dangerous play ...pure Gamesmanship of the lowest caliber and the dirty cheating Sh... house got his comeuppance with the red for his cheating once again, against Walcott this time.
Professional football my Ar.. more can,t play fair so i,ll cheat.

It's a three-match ban.

We won't appeal it because it won't get rescinded (even though it's a nothing incident). It wouldn't have happened to a big six team.

I thought it was three league games, Toff.

Delighted that one of the games is one which he likely would have been rested in anyway.

And without wishing to tempt fate, the two league fixtures he is missing?

Well, if we had been given the choice of matches he had to miss, I think those are the two we would have opted for ;)

It's a three-match ban.

Wasn't a nothing incident, it was stupid from Richarlison, and clever from Smith.... It likely cost us 3 points and really hope Silva has a proper chat to him about it...

Petulant reaction to the gamesmanship that happens in professional sport. Of course he was wound up and baited, he’s been our talisman and caused havoc against our opposition. Smith comes out of it with no credit, but he did his job in getting into Richarlison’s mental fragility, hate saying it but he did a number and he fell for it. It’s a red all day long in today’s game.

Can’t defend it, he let us down but he’ll learn that he’s a name now, and will get particular attention from opposing mangers in how they set up to stop this years Everton. It is what is, move on. To be honest, I’ve wanted us to be more sly (professional?) in the dark arts for years. We rarely complain about poor decisions on the pitch that go against us, look at the shambles at Wolves when the ball is moved into a different postcode, our captains shoelace usually needs attention when there is a ruckus on the pitch and we seem to get more dubious decisions that go against us as a result. But, for this one, he got drawn into something and got what he got. No need to over analyse.

Feel a bit for him in the sense that he was only standing up for himself after a few games of being kicked and pulled by snides and it was hardly a headbutt more of a rub of heads, he's a young lad so hopefully he'll deal with it differently in future. Him getting injured by the snides is far more of a worry.

Wasn't a nothing incident, it was stupid from Richarlison, and clever from Smith.... It likely cost us 3 points and really hope Silva has a proper chat to him about it...

It's an incident that is seen a lot of times and nothing gets done.

It was stupid from Richarlison.

But the sensible approach (the sensible rule) in that situation is a booking for both players. No reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back